The Saint Mary’s Gaels (8-2) host the BYU Cougars (8-2) as 1-point favorites after Logan Johnson racked up 26 points in the Gaels 66-64 loss to Santa Clara. The game airs on ESPN2 at 11:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 14, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 132.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Saint Mary’s (CA)||-1||-109||-112||132.5||-110||-113||-115||-106|
|BYU (+1)||Over (132.5)||Saint Mary’s (CA) 70 BYU 69|
- The Gaels and their opponents have combined for 132.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in four of 10 opportunities (40%) this season.
- In eight of 10 games (80%) this season, BYU and its opponents have combined to score at least 132.5 points.
- The Gaels and the Cougars combine to average 17.1 more points per game than the over/under of 132.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 4.3 less points per game (128.2) than this matchup’s total of 132.5 points.
- The average point total in Gaels games this year is 0.2 more points than the over/under of 132.5 in this matchup.
- Cougars games this year have averaged a total of 145.1 points, 12.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
Saint Mary’s (CA) Betting Information
- Saint Mary’s (CA) has been good against the spread this season, posting a 5-4 record.
- When favored by at least 1 points, the Gaels have compiled a 3-3 record ATS.
- The Gaels have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 4 of 9 contests this season, a rate of 44.4%
BYU Betting Information
- BYU has a winning record against the spread, going 5-3 ATS (covering 62.5% of the time).
- The Cougars have gone 3-3 against the spread when they are at least a 1-point underdog.
- BYU and its opponents have hit the over in half of their matchups this season — 4 of 8.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/9/2020||BYU||-3.5||149||-172||+141||Conference Tournament||51-50 STMRY|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-79 BYU|
|1/9/2020||Saint Mary’s (CA)||-5.5||135||-246||+199||Regular Season||87-84 STMRY|
Saint Mary’s (CA) Leaders
- The Gaels leader in points and assists is Tommy Kuhse, who puts up 14.8 points per game to go with 5.7 assists.
- Kyle Bowen leads Saint Mary’s (CA) in rebounding, grabbing 6.2 boards per game while also scoring 3.8 points a contest.
- Alex Ducas leads the Gaels in three-point shooting with an average of 1.8 made threes per game.
- Kuhse and Matthias Tass lead Saint Mary’s (CA) on the defensive end, with Kuhse leading the team in steals averaging 1.8 per game and Tass in blocks averaging 0.8 per contest.
- Alex Barcello’s points (16.3 per game) and assists (4.8 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Cougars’ leaderboards.
- BYU’s Caleb Lohner stats (6.5 rebounds per game, 5.9 points per game, 1.3 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Barcello is the top shooter from the three-point line for the Cougars, hitting 2.5 threes per game.
- The Cougars’ leader in steals is Lohner with 0.8 per game, and Matt Haarms is their leader in blocks with 1.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found