The Sam Houston State Bearkats (11-6) are 9.5-point favorites as they look to build on a three-game winning streak when they visit the Lamar Cardinals (3-14) on Monday, February 22, 2021 at Montagne Center. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under set at 145.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Sam Houston State||-9.5||-110||-110||145.5||-109||-112||-530||380|
|Sam Houston State (-9.5)||Under (145.5)||Sam Houston State 77 Lamar 67|
- In 11 of 17 opportunities (64.7%) this year, the Bearkats and their opponents have totaled at least this matchup’s over/under of 145.5 points.
- Lamar and its opponents have combined to score at least 145.5 points in 35.3% of their matchups this year (six of 17 opportunities).
- These teams average a combined 143.1 points per game, 2.4 less points than the over/under of 145.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 147.6 points per game, 2.1 more than the point total in this game.
- The Bearkats average point total in matchups this year is 151.6, 6.1 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Cardinals this season is 6.3 points less than this game’s over/under.
Sam Houston State Betting Information
- Sam Houston State has been solid against the spread, going 9-5 this season.
- When favored by at least 9.5 points, the Bearkats have fared well against the spread, putting together a 2-1 record.
- Sam Houston State has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the over, doing so 6 times in 14 contests (42.9%).
Lamar Betting Information
- The Cardinals have a losing record against the spread, going 5-12 ATS (covering just 29.4% of the time).
- In most of Cardinals games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (9 out of 17 games, 52.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/13/2021||Sam Houston State||-7.5||146.5||-341||+266||Regular Season||96-71 SMHO|
|2/19/2020||Sam Houston State||-7.5||144||-342||+261||Regular Season||77-65 LAMAR|
|1/15/2020||Sam Houston State||-1||140.5||-115||-106||Regular Season||80-75 SMHO|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-72 LAMAR|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-59 SMHO|
Sam Houston State Leaders
- Zach Nutall leads the Bearkats in scoring, tallying 19.1 points per game to go with 5.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
- Sam Houston State’s leading rebounder is Tristan Ikpe averaging 6.0 boards per game and its best passer is Donte Powers and his 3.3 assists per game.
- The Bearkats get the most three-point shooting production out of Demarkus Lampley, who knocks down 2.8 threes per game.
- Javion May and Ikpe lead the Bearkats on the defensive end, with May leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Ikpe in blocks averaging 1.1 per contest.
- Davion Buster averages 15.5 points per game and is the top scorer for the Cardinals.
- The Lamar leaders in rebounding and assists are Avery Sullivan with 7.3 rebounds per game (he also adds 10.9 points and 0.8 assists per game) and Kasen Harrison with 4.0 assists per game (he also tacks on 12.1 points and 2.4 rebounds per game).
- Buster is reliable from deep and leads the Cardinals with 3.2 made threes per game.
- Lamar’s leader in steals is Ellis Jefferson (1.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is David Muoka (2.4 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends – CANCELLED
- New Mexico State Aggies vs. UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips 3/2/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Baylor Bears vs. West Virginia Mountaineers: 3/2/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Toledo Rockets vs. Central Michigan Chippewas: 3/2/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview