The Nicholls State Colonels (9-4) are 2.5-point underdogs as they try to extend a seven-game winning streak when they visit the Sam Houston State Bearkats (8-6) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at Bernard G. Johnson Coliseum. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup’s point total is set at 150.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Sam Houston State||-2.5||-110||-110||150.5||-110||-110||-148||124|
|Sam Houston State (-2.5)||Under (150.5)||Sam Houston State 76 Nicholls State 72|
- In 57.1% of their games this season (eight of 14 chances), the Bearkats and their opponents have scored more than this matchup’s over/under of 150.5 points.
- In five of 13 opportunities (38.5%) this season, Nicholls State and its opponents have combined to score more than 150.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 155.8 points per game, 5.3 more points than the over/under of 150.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 144.3 points per game, 6.2 less than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average total the Bearkats have had set in games this season is 2.0 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Colonels this year is 3.0 points less than this game’s over/under.
Sam Houston State Betting Information
- The Bearkats have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 6-5 record.
- When favored by at least 2.5 points, the Bearkats have compiled a 1-1 record ATS.
- Sam Houston State and its opponents have hit the over/under in just 5 of 11 games this season (45.5%).
Nicholls State Betting Information
- The Colonels have a winning record against the spread, going 6-5-1 ATS (covering 50% of the time).
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Colonels have fared well, going 4-2-1 against the spread.
- Nicholls State and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this season — 4 of 12 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-82 NICHLS|
|1/4/2020||Sam Houston State||-10.5||147||-625||+447||Regular Season||70-58 NICHLS|
|2/20/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-74 SMHO|
Sam Houston State Leaders
- The Bearkats scoring leader is Zach Nutall, who averages 19.6 per contest to go with 5.7 rebounds and 1.8 assists.
- Tristan Ikpe is the Bearkats leading rebounder, pulling down 5.9 per game, while Donte Powers is their best passer, distributing 3.1 assists in each contest.
- Demarkus Lampley makes more threes per game than any other member of the Bearkats, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.9 per contest.
- Javion May is Sam Houston State’s leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Ikpe leads them in blocks with 1.0 per contest.
Nicholls State Leaders
- The Colonels’ Jitaurious Gordon puts up enough points (15.1 per game) and assists (4.1 per game) to top the team’s leaderboards.
- Najee Garvin’s stat line of 6.7 rebounds, 13.0 points and 0.5 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Nicholls State rebounding leaderboard.
- Gordon provides the most three-point shooting production for the Colonels. He makes 2.7 threes per game.
- The Colonels’ leader in steals is Kevin Johnson with 2.5 per game, and Ryghe Lyons is their leader in blocks with 1.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED