The Sam Houston State Bearkats (19-7) are only 1-point favorites as they attempt to extend a 12-game home winning streak when they square off against the Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (15-5) on Saturday, March 6, 2021 at Bernard G. Johnson Coliseum. The game airs at 6:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup’s point total is 148.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Sam Houston State||-1||-110||-112||148.5||-110||-112||-115||-106|
|Sam Houston State (-1)||Over (148.5)||Sam Houston State 76 SFA 73|
- The Bearkats and their opponents have scored no less than 148.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in 15 of 26 games (57.7%) this year.
- In 10 of 20 opportunities (50%) this season, SFA and its opponents have combined to score more than 148.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 13.4 more points per game (161.9) than this game’s over/under of 148.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 141.8 points per game, 6.7 less than the point total in this matchup.
- The Bearkats average point total in outings this season is 151.4, 2.9 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- ‘Jacks games this season have averaged an over/under of 152.4 points, 3.9 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 80.8 points per game the Bearkats score are 9.6 more points than the ‘Jacks give up (71.2).
- Sam Houston State has a 9-0 record against the spread and a 16-1 record overall when putting up more than 71.2 points.
- SFA is 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall when giving up more than 80.8 points.
- The ‘Jacks score an average of 81.1 points per game, 10.5 more points than the 70.6 the Bearkats allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 70.6 points, SFA is 7-0 against the spread and 15-1 overall.
- Sam Houston State’s record is 1-4 against the spread and 0-5 overall when it allows more than 81.1 points.
- The Bearkats have put up a total of 266 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 10.2 per game), and the ‘Jacks have out-scored opponents by 197 points on the season (9.9 more per game).
Sam Houston State Betting Information
- Sam Houston State has been solid against the spread, going 14-7 this season.
- The Bearkats fare well when favored by at least 1 points, posting an 8-2 record against the spread.
- The Bearkats have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 10 of 21 contests this season, a rate of 47.6%
SFA Betting Information
- SFA has a losing record against the spread, going 7-9 ATS (covering only 43.8% of the time).
- When they play as at least 1-point underdogs, the ‘Jacks have a record ATS of 7-7.
- In the majority of ‘Jacks games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (10 out of 16 games, 62.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/31/2021||SFA||-6.5||152||-287||+230||Regular Season||78-68 SFAUS|
|3/7/2020||SFA||-10.5||149||-634||+444||Regular Season||68-57 SFAUS|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||81-76 SFAUS|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-57 SMHO|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-72 SMHO|
Sam Houston State Leaders
- The Bearkats scoring leader is Zach Nutall, who averages 19.3 per contest to go with 5.7 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
- Tristan Ikpe is Sam Houston State’s leading rebounder, pulling down 5.9 per game, while Donte Powers is its best passer, averaging 3.1 assists in each contest.
- Demarkus Lampley makes more threes per game than any other member of the Bearkats, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.8 per contest.
- Powers is Sam Houston State’s leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Ikpe leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
- The ‘Jacks’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Gavin Kensmil with 15.8 points and 7.1 rebounds per game.
- David Kachelries’ assist statline paces SFA; he racks up 4.4 assists per game.
- Kachelries’ 1.3 made threes per game lead the ‘Jacks.
- Roti Ware (1.9 steals per game) is the steal leader for SFA while Calvin Solomon (1.0 block per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED