The Samford Bulldogs (4-5) host the Chattanooga Mocs (8-2) in a matchup of SoCon teams at Pete Hanna Center, tipping off at 8:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 20, 2021. The Bulldogs are 1-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The point total is 153 for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Chattanooga (+1)||Under (153)||Samford 76 Chattanooga 75|
- In five of nine outings (55.6%) this year, the Bulldogs and their opponents have scored no less than this matchup’s over/under of 153 points.
- In two of 10 outings (20%) this year, Chattanooga has combined with its opponents to score more than 153 points.
- The Bulldogs and the Mocs combine to average 1.1 fewer points per game than the over/under of 153 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 148.8 points per game, 4.2 less than the over/under in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Bulldogs have had set in games this season is 2.3 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Mocs games this season have averaged an over/under of 145.4 points, 7.6 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Samford Betting Information
- Samford has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 3-5 record.
- The Bulldogs have struggled to cover, going just 0-3 ATS when favored by at least 1 points.
- Samford and its opponents have covered the over/under in just 3 of 8 games this season (37.5%).
Chattanooga Betting Information
- Chattanooga has covered the spread in more than half of its outings, going 5-3 ATS.
- The Mocs have gone 2-2 against the spread when they are at least a 1-point underdog.
- Chattanooga has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 50% of matchups this season (4 out of 8 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/29/2020||Chattanooga||-3||148||-161||+132||Regular Season||92-84 CHAT|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||105-67 CHAT|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-76 SAMF|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-75 CHAT|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Bulldogs is Christian Guess, who puts up 15.9 points and 9.1 rebounds per game.
- Richardson Maitre leads Samford in assists, averaging 3.5 per game while also scoring 7.2 points per contest.
- Triston Chambers leads the Bulldogs in three-point shooting with an average of 1.5 made threes per game.
- A.J. Staton-McCray is the Bulldogs leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Jacob Tryon leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
- Malachi Smith has racked up 9.8 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Mocs leaderboards in those stat categories.
- David Jean-Baptiste’s stat line of 18.6 points, 3.5 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game put him atop the Mocs scoring leaderboard.
- Jean-Baptiste knocks down 2.7 three-pointers per game, the most on the Mocs.
- Chattanooga’s leader in steals is Jean-Baptiste with 1.6 per game, and its leader in blocks is Stefan Kenic with 0.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED