Southland opponents square off when the SE Louisiana Lions (3-8) host the Northwestern State Demons (2-12) at University Center (LA), tipping off at 5:00 PM ET on Saturday, January 23, 2021. The Demons are 2-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 148.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Northwestern State (+2)||Under (148.5)||SE Louisiana 75 Northwestern State 74|
- The Lions and their opponents have combined to put up more than 148.5 points in 36.4% of their outings this season (four of 11 opportunities).
- In nine of 14 opportunities (64.3%) this season, Northwestern State and its opponents have combined to score more than 148.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 133.1 points per game, 15.4 fewer points than the total of 148.5 set for this game.
- The Lions and the Demons have seen their opponents average a combined 12.6 more points per game than the over/under of 148.5 set for this game.
- The Lions average point total in outings this season is 143.7, 4.8 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Demons this season is 2.1 points higher than this game’s over/under.
SE Louisiana Betting Information
- The Lions have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 5-4 record.
- When favored by at least 2 points, the Lions have fared well against the spread, compiling a 1-0 record.
- The Lions have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 4 of 9 contests this season, a rate of 44.4%
Northwestern State Betting Information
- Northwestern State has covered the spread in half of its games, going 6-6 ATS.
- When they play as at least 2-point underdogs, the Demons have a record ATS of 0-1.
- The Demons and their opponents have hit the over in half of their games this season — 6 of 12.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||95-92 SELOU|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-81 SELOU|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-55 SELOU|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-53 SELOU|
SE Louisiana Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Lions this season is Keon Clergeot, who averages 15.3 points, 3.5 rebounds, and 2.0 assists per game.
- Gus Okafor is SE Louisiana’s leading rebounder, pulling down 6.5 per game, while Isiah Kirby is its best passer, averaging 2.3 assists in each contest.
- Okafor leads the Lions in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 1.5 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- The SE Louisiana steals leader is Joe Kasperzyk, who averages 1.2 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Nick Caldwell, who compiles 0.7 rejections per contest.
Northwestern State Leaders
- Trenton Massner puts up 11.9 points per game to be the top scorer for the Demons.
- The Demons’ leader in rebounds is Kendal Coleman with 6.7 per matchup, and their leader in assists is C.J. Jones with 2.5 per game.
- Jairus Roberson’s 2.7 made threes per game lead the Demons.
- Northwestern State’s leader in steals is Massner with 1.6 per game, and its leader in blocks is Coleman with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED