The DePaul Blue Demons (3-9) are heavy, 13.5-point underdogs as they attempt to turn around a four-game losing streak when they visit the Seton Hall Pirates (12-8) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at Prudential Center. The matchup airs at 8:30 PM ET on FS1. The matchup has an over/under set at 140 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|DePaul (+13.5)||Over (140)||Seton Hall 76 DePaul 65|
- The Pirates and their opponents have put up more than 140 points in 70% of their outings this year (14 of 20 opportunities).
- DePaul and its opponents have added up to score at least 140 points in 41.7% of their games this year (five of 12 chances).
- The Pirates and the Blue Demons combine to average the exact same points per game as the over/under of 140 points set for this matchup.
- The Pirates and the Blue Demons have seen their opponents average a combined 0.6 more points per game than the point total of 140 set for this matchup.
- The Pirates average point total in outings this season is 143.8, 3.8 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Blue Demons games this year have averaged an over/under of 136.8 points, 3.2 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 73.7 points per game the Pirates score are only 3.2 more points than the Blue Demons give up (70.5).
- Seton Hall is 8-4 overall and 9-0 against the spread when scoring more than 70.5 points.
- In games when DePaul allows more than 73.7 points, it is 1-3 against the spread and 0-4 overall.
- The Blue Demons put up an average of 66.3 points per game, just 3.8 fewer points than the 70.1 the Pirates give up.
- DePaul is 2-1 overall and 3-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 70.1 points.
- Seton Hall is 8-5 against the spread and 6-8 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 66.3 points.
- The Pirates have totaled 71 more points than their opponents this season (3.6 per game on average), while the Blue Demons have been out-scored by 50 total points (4.2 per game average differential).
Seton Hall Betting Information
- Seton Hall has been solid against the spread, going 12-7 on the season.
- The Pirates fare well when favored by at least 13.5 points, posting a 2-0 record against the spread.
- The Pirates have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 9 of 19 games (47.4%).
DePaul Betting Information
- DePaul has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its outings, going 5-7 ATS.
- The Blue Demons have fared well as a 13.5-point underdog, going 1-0 against the spread when they are at least 13.5-point underdogs.
- DePaul has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 16.7% of matchups this year (2 out of 12 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2021||Seton Hall||-4||148.5||-186||+155||Regular Season||76-68 SETON|
|1/29/2020||Seton Hall||-8.5||142.5||-435||+325||Regular Season||64-57 SETON|
|12/30/2019||Seton Hall||-1.5||137.5||-125||+104||Regular Season||74-66 SETON|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||97-93 DEPAUL|
|1/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-74 DEPAUL|
Seton Hall Leaders
- The Pirates leader in points and rebounds is Sandro Mamukelashvili, who scores 17.6 points and pulls down 7.2 boards per game.
- Shavar Reynolds Jr. is Seton Hall’s best passer, distributing 4.3 assists per game while scoring 7.8 PPG.
- Myles Cale’s 1.8 threes per game leads the Pirates.
- Reynolds is Seton Hall’s leader in steals, averaging 1.7 steals per game, while Ike Obiagu leads them in blocks with 2.7 per contest.
- The Blue Demons’ Charlie Moore puts up enough points (13.7 per game) and assists (4.1 per game) to top the squad’s leaderboards.
- Pauly Paulicap is at the top of the DePaul rebounding leaderboard with 5.5 rebounds per game. He also notches 6.4 points and adds 0.0 assists per game.
- Cale leads his teammates on the Blue Demons with 1.7 made threes per contest.
- DePaul’s leader in steals is Javon Freeman-Liberty (1.7 per game), and its leader in blocks is Nick Ongenda (1.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED