A game after he scored 28 points in a 96-64 loss to Villanova, Dawson Garcia leads the Marquette Golden Eagles (9-11) on the road against the Seton Hall Pirates (11-8) as 7.5-point underdogs. The matchup, which starts at 3:00 PM ET on Sunday, February 14, 2021, airs on FS1. The over/under for the matchup is set at 143.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Pick Em||Over (143.5)||Seton Hall 76 Marquette 68|
- In 63.2% of their opportunities this season (12 of 19 chances), the Pirates and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 143.5 points.
- In nine of 20 outings (45%) this season, Marquette and its opponents have combined to score at least 143.5 points.
- The Pirates and the Golden Eagles combine to average 2.1 more points per game than the over/under of 143.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 142.3 points per game, 1.2 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
- The average point total in Pirates games this season is 2.1 more points than the total of 143.5 in this matchup.
- Golden Eagles games this year have averaged a total of 142.2 points, 1.3 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 74.5 points per game the Pirates score are just 3.3 more points than the Golden Eagles give up (71.2).
- Seton Hall is 9-0 against the spread and 8-4 overall when scoring more than 71.2 points.
- Marquette is 1-4 overall and 1-4 against the spread in games when it gives up more than 74.5 points.
- The Golden Eagles average the exact same amount of points as the Pirates give up (71.1).
- Marquette is 4-0 against the spread and 6-2 overall when it scores more than 71.1 points.
- Seton Hall has a 2-7 record overall and an ATS record of 3-5 in games when its opponents put up more than 71.1 points.
- The Pirates have out-scored their opponents by a total of 65 points this season (3.4 points per game on average), and opponents of the Golden Eagles have out-scored them by only one more point on the year (0.1 per game).
Seton Hall Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Pirates have covered 12 times in 18 contests.
- The Pirates fare well when favored by at least 7.5 points, posting a 3-1 record against the spread.
- Seton Hall and its opponents have combined to cover the total in 9 of 18 games this year (50%).
Marquette Betting Information
- The Golden Eagles have a 6-14 record against the spread, covering in just 30.0% of their matchups.
- The Golden Eagles have gone 2-2 against the spread when they are at least an 7.5-point underdog.
- In the majority of Golden Eagles games this year, the teams have not hit the over (8 out of 20 games, 40%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/17/2020||Marquette||-2.5||140.5||-143||+120||Regular Season||70-63 SETON|
|2/29/2020||Marquette||-1.5||148||-125||+102||Regular Season||88-79 SETON|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-55 SETON|
|3/6/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-64 SETON|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-66 MARQ|
Seton Hall Leaders
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Pirates is Sandro Mamukelashvili, who averages 17.9 points and 7.1 rebounds per game.
- Seton Hall’s best passer is Shavar Reynolds Jr., who averages 4.4 assists per game to go with his 7.7 PPG scoring average.
- The Pirates get the most three-point shooting production out of Myles Cale, who makes 1.8 threes per game.
- Reynolds is the Pirates leader in steals, averaging 1.8 steals per game, while Ike Obiagu leads them in blocks with 2.7 per contest.
- The Golden Eagles’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Garcia with 13.3 points and 6.7 rebounds per game.
- D.J. Carton’s assist statline paces Marquette; he racks up 3.5 assists per game.
- Koby McEwen leads his teammates on the Golden Eagles with 1.6 made threes per outing.
- Carton (1.2 steals per game) is the steal leader for Marquette while Theo John (1.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED