The No. 5 seed Seton Hall Pirates (13-12) and the No. 4 seed Saint John’s (NY) Red Storm (16-10) will look to advance in the Big East tournament on Thursday as they meet in the quarterfinals of the conference tournament at 3:00 PM ET on FS1. Seton Hall is listed as a 1.5-point favorite to win this contest and advance closer to an automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Saint John’s (NY) (+1.5)||Under (152.5)||Seton Hall 75 Saint John’s (NY) 74|
- In seven of 25 opportunities (28%) this season, the Pirates and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 152.5 points.
- Saint John’s (NY) and its opponents have combined to score at least 152.5 points in 11 of 26 games (42.3%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 1.6 fewer points per game (150.9) than this matchup’s over/under of 152.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 146.5 points per game, 6.0 fewer than the over/under for this game.
- The average over/under the Pirates have had set in matchups this year is 11.1 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Red Storm this season is 3.6 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Pirates record 71.6 points per game, 5.1 fewer points than the 76.7 the Red Storm allow.
- Seton Hall has a 7-2 record overall and a 7-0 record against the spread when putting up more than 76.7 points.
- Saint John’s (NY) has a 7-9 record against the spread and an 8-9 record overall when giving up more than 71.6 points.
- The Red Storm put up an average of 79.3 points per game, 9.5 more points than the 69.8 the Pirates give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 69.8 points, Saint John’s (NY) is 14-0 against the spread and 15-6 overall.
- Seton Hall has a 1-7 record overall and an ATS record of 1-6 in games when its opponents put up more than 79.3 points.
- The Pirates have out-scored their opponents by a total of 43 points this season (1.8 points per game on average), and the Red Storm have put up 68 more points than their opponents on the year (2.6 per game).
Seton Hall Betting Information
- The Pirates have been an even bet against the spread this season at 12-12.
- When favored by at least 1.5 points, the Pirates have struggled to a 7-8 record ATS this season.
- Seton Hall and its opponents have covered the over/under in just 10 of 24 games this season (41.7%).
Saint John’s (NY) Betting Information
- Saint John’s (NY) has covered the spread in more than half of its games, going 15-10 ATS.
- The Red Storm have fared well as a 1.5-point underdog, going 6-4 against the spread when they are at least 1.5-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Red Storm games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (15 out of 25 games, 60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/6/2021||Seton Hall||-2.5||153.5||-143||+120||Regular Season||81-71 STJOHN|
|12/11/2020||Seton Hall||-5||146.5||-225||+180||Regular Season||77-68 SETON|
|2/23/2020||Seton Hall||-10.5||148.5||-625||+450||Regular Season||81-65 SETON|
|1/18/2020||Seton Hall||-5.5||142||-245||+195||Regular Season||82-79 SETON|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-70 STJOHN|
|12/29/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-74 SETON|
Seton Hall Leaders
- The Pirates leader in points and rebounds is Sandro Mamukelashvili, who scores 17.8 points and pulls down 7.3 boards per game.
- Seton Hall’s best passer is Shavar Reynolds Jr., who averages 4.3 assists per game to go with his 7.8 PPG scoring average.
- Myles Cale leads the Pirates in three-point shooting with an average of 1.7 threes per game.
- The Seton Hall steals leader is Reynolds, who averages 1.7 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Ike Obiagu, who compiles 2.8 rejections per contest.
Saint John’s (NY) Leaders
- Julian Champagnie holds the top spot on the Red Storm leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 19.9 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Posh Alexander’s assist statline leads Saint John’s (NY); he dishes out 4.4 assists per game.
- Champagnie’s 2.4 made threes per game lead the Red Storm.
- Alexander (2.6 steals per game) and Champagnie (1.0 block per game) lead the Red Storm in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED