While there have always been schools in college basketball that always seem to be good every single year, the fact that no school has been able to become a dynasty is testament to just how hard it is to win a National Championship. It certainly doesn’t help that teams need to overhaul their squad every year when players move to the NBA, but it’s probably more to do with the fact that winning every single night is a drain on every player and team in college basketball. Upsets happen all the time, but it’s also fair to suggest that we have seen more than out fair share of those surprises this season. It’s how good teams are able to bounce back from those losses that defines how good they really are. That is where the Seton Hall Pirates are at the moment, as they will be heading to the nation’s capital to try and shake off a tough loss over the weekend. The Pirates will have a tough one against the Georgetown Hoyas, so there are zero guarantees that they will bounce right back. Seton Hall are favored by 3 ½, with the point total for this one set at 146 ½.
Seton Hall vs Georgetown NCAAB Betting Lines & Game Prediction
- When: Wednesday, February 5 at 8:30 PM EST
- Where: Capital One Arena, Washington
- Radio: Seton Hall/ Georgetown
- Live Stream: FoxSportsGo
- TV: FS1
- NCAAB Odds: Seton Hall -3.5 / Total 145
Why bet on the Seton Hall Pirates
After a fantastic run that saw them put together a 10-game winning streak, the Seton Hall Pirates are going to need to start clawing their way back after a surprising loss to Xavier over the weekend. The Pirates went into that one as an 8 ½ point favorite, but they were played off the court in a stunning 74-62 defeat that saw them drop down to the #12 seed in the new rankings. Seton hall are now 16-5 on the season, but the good news is that they still have control of the Big East Conference, where they are 8-1 and a game up on the Villanova Wildcats in second. More good news is that they have dominated Georgetown in recent meetings winning 8 of the last 10. They are also 10-3-1 ATS in their last 14 games against conference opponents.
- Total Score: 74.29
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.60
- Three-Point Percentage: 32.51
- Free Throw Percentage: 69.25
- Total Rebounds: 37.24
- Total Score: 65.19
- Field Goal Percentage: 39.27
- Three-Point Percentage: 29.63
- Free Throw Percentage: 68.05
- Total Rebounds: 37.10
Why bet on the Georgetown Hoyas
The Georgetown Hoyas come into this game with a 13-9 record on the season, but it has been their conference play that has been their Achilles heel this season. When going against other teams from the Big East, the Hoyas are just 3-6, which includes a 78-62 loss on the road to the Seton Hall Pirates a few weeks ago. They are not coming into this game on a very good run of form, as they have now lost 3 of their last 5, although they are coming off a weekend win. On the bright side, they are 12-5 SU in their last 17 home games against Seton Hall, but just 2-8 SU in their last 10 overall versus the Pirates. They are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9.
- Total Score: 77.09
- Field Goal Percentage: 44.73
- Three-Point Percentage: 34.92
- Free Throw Percentage: 75.97
- Total Rebounds: 39.73
- Total Score: 73.00
- Field Goal Percentage: 42.24
- Three-Point Percentage: 35.65
- Free Throw Percentage: 73.22
- Total Rebounds: 34.32
Seton Hall vs Georgetown NBA Betting Trends
- Seton Hall are 10-1 SU in their last 11 games.
- Seton Hall are 8-3 ATS in their last 11 games against Georgetown University.
- Seton Hall are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games against Georgetown University.
- Georgetown University are 2-6-1 ATS in their last 9 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Georgetown University’s last 10 games.
- Georgetown University are 3-6 SU in their last 9 games.
Seton Hall vs Georgetown Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
While the loss to Xavier was a tough one, I think that the Seton Hall Pirates are more than capable enough of bouncing back here. I am taking them to win and cover rather comfortably.
Prediction: Seton Hall Pirates 79 Georgetown Hoyas 68