The Memphis Tigers (9-5) are underdogs (+3.5) as they attempt to extend a three-game winning streak when they visit the SMU Mustangs (8-3) at 8:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 28, 2021 at Moody Coliseum. The matchup airs on ESPN2. The point total in the matchup is set at 142.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Mustangs and their opponents have scored at least 142 points — this matchup’s point total — in eight of 11 opportunities (72.7%) this year.
- In six of 14 games (42.9%) this year, Memphis has combined with its opponents to score more than 142 points.
- The two teams average a combined 8.4 more points per game (150.4) than this matchup’s total of 142 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 130.3 points per game, 11.7 less than the over/under for this game.
- The average total the Mustangs have had set in games this year is 4.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Tigers games this year have averaged an over/under of 134.4 points, 7.6 less than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Mustangs record 15.9 more points per game (78.5) than the Tigers give up (62.6).
- SMU has a 5-0-1 record against the spread and an 8-2 record overall when putting up more than 62.6 points.
- Memphis is 0-0 overall and 0-0 against the spread in games when it allows more than 78.5 points.
- The Tigers score an average of 71.9 points per game, just 4.2 more points than the 67.7 the Mustangs give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 67.7 points, Memphis is 5-0 against the spread and 8-2 overall.
- SMU is 0-3 against the spread and 1-3 overall when it allows more than 71.9 points.
- The Mustangs have put up a total of 118 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 10.8 per game), and the Tigers have out-scored opponents by 130 points on the season (9.3 more per game).
SMU Betting Information
- SMU has been good against the spread this season, posting a 5-4-1 record.
- When favored by at least 3.5 points, the Mustangs have fared well against the spread, compiling a 4-2-1 record.
- More often than not, SMU and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 7 of 10 chances this season.
Memphis Betting Information
- The Tigers have a losing record against the spread, going 5-8 ATS (covering only 38.5% of the time).
- The Tigers have not fared well as a 3.5-point underdog, going 4-7 against the spread when they are at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- In the majority of Memphis’ games this season, the teams have not hit the over (2 out of 13 games, 15.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/26/2021||Memphis||-2.5||144||-145||+121||Regular Season||76-72 MEM|
|2/25/2020||SMU||-4.5||143.5||-208||+166||Regular Season||58-53 SMU|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-70 SMU|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-61 MEM|
- The leader in points and assists for the Mustangs is Kendric Davis, who scores 18.3 points and distributes 7.6 assists per game.
- Feron Hunt is the Mustangs best rebounder, grabbing an average of 8.3 boards in each contest while scoring 12.0 points per game.
- Emmanuel Bandoumel leads the Mustangs in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.1 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Davis and Yor Anei lead SMU on the defensive end, with Davis leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and Anei in blocks averaging 2.9 per contest.
- Landers Nolley II is the top scorer for the Tigers with 12.8 points per game. He also adds 3.4 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game to his statistics.
- Moussa Cisse puts up a stat line of 7.8 rebounds, 7.6 points and 0.5 assists per game for Memphis to take the top rebound spot on the team. Alex Lomax has the top spot for assists with 4.1 per game, adding 5.4 points and 2.8 rebounds per outing.
- Nolley provides the most three-point shooting production for the Tigers. He makes 2.4 threes per game.
- DeAndre Williams (1.9 steals per game) is the steal leader for Memphis while Cisse (1.9 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED