The SMU Mustangs (6-2) host the Temple Owls (1-2) in a matchup of AAC teams at Moody Coliseum, tipping off at 3:00 PM ET on Monday, January 11, 2021. The Owls are 12-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s point total is 142.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In five of eight games (62.5%) this season, the Mustangs and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s point total of 142.5 points.
- Temple and its opponents have combined to score at least 142.5 points in one of three opportunities (33.3%) this season.
- These two teams average a combined 143.5 points per game, 1.0 more point than the over/under of 142.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.8 less points per game (138.7) than this game’s total of 142.5 points.
- The average point total for Mustangs games this season is 3.7 more points than the total of 142.5 in this matchup.
- Owls games this season have averaged an over/under of 136 points, 6.5 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Mustangs put up 79.2 points per game, 7.5 more points than the 71.7 the Owls give up.
- SMU is 4-0 overall and 2-0-1 against the spread when scoring more than 71.7 points.
- Temple is 0-0 against the spread and 0-0 overall when allowing more than 79.2 points.
- The Owls’ 64.3 points per game are only 2.7 fewer points than the 67 the Mustangs allow to opponents.
- Temple is 1-1 overall and 1-0-1 against the spread in games it scores more than 67 points.
- SMU has an ATS record of 1-2-1 and a 3-2 record overall when its opponents score more than 64.3 points.
- The Mustangs have out-scored their opponents by a total of 98 points this season (12.2 points per game on average), and opponents of the Owls have out-scored them by 22 more points on the year (7.4 per game).
SMU Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Mustangs have covered four times in seven contests.
- When favored by at least 12 points, the Mustangs have fared well against the spread, putting up a 3-0 record.
- The Mustangs and their opponents have gone over the total in 4 of 7 games (57.1%) this season.
Temple Betting Information
- The Owls record against the spread is 1-1-1.
- In the majority of Owls games this year, the teams have not hit the over (1 out of 3 games, 33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/30/2020||SMU||-8||139||-392||+298||Regular Season||79-71 SMU|
|2/8/2020||SMU||-1||137.5||-115||-109||Regular Season||97-90 TEMPLE|
|1/18/2020||SMU||-5||134.5||-231||+179||Regular Season||68-52 SMU|
|2/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-74 TEMPLE|
- The Mustangs leader in points and assists is Kendric Davis, who scores 19.0 points per game along with 7.6 assists.
- Feron Hunt is SMU’s best rebounder, pulling down an average of 8.4 boards in each contest while scoring 11.6 points per game.
- Emmanuel Bandoumel leads his teammates on the Mustangs with 1.8 made threes per game.
- Davis is SMU’s leader in steals, averaging 1.6 steals per game, while Yor Anei leads them in blocks with 3.0 per contest.
- Damian Dunn is the top scorer for the Owls with 13.3 points per game. He also adds 5.3 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game to his statistics.
- The Temple leaders in rebounding and assists are De’Vondre Perry with 8.7 rebounds per game (he also adds 7.7 points and 0.3 assists per game) and Jeremiah Williams with 3.3 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.7 points and 2.0 rebounds per game).
- Brendan Barry is consistent from deep and leads the Owls with 3.0 made threes per game.
- Williams (1.7 steals per game) and Nick Jourdain (1.5 blocks per game) lead the Owls in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found