The South Alabama Jaguars (6-4) host the Appalachian State Mountaineers (7-3) after winning three home games in a row. The Jaguars are favored by just 3 points in the matchup, which tips at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, January 15, 2021. The point total in the matchup is set at 134.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Appalachian State (+3)||Over (134.5)||South Alabama 71 Appalachian State 70|
- The Jaguars and their opponents have combined to record more than 134.5 points in 80% of their outings this year (eight of 10 opportunities).
- Appalachian State and its opponents have added up to score more than 134.5 points in 40% of their games this season (four of 10 opportunities).
- These two teams average a combined 155.7 points per game, 21.2 more points than the over/under of 134.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 1.0 fewer point per game (133.5) than this game’s total of 134.5 points.
- The Jaguars average point total in outings this year is 157.5, 23.0 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Mountaineers games this season have averaged an over/under of 131.7 points, 2.8 less than the point total in this matchup.
South Alabama Betting Information
- South Alabama has covered in just zero of five matchups this season.
- The Jaguars have posted a losing record of 0-4 against the spread when the spread is -3 or higher.
- The Jaguars have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 1 times in 5 games this season.
Appalachian State Betting Information
- Appalachian State has a winning record against the spread, going 4-1-1 ATS (covering 66.7% of the time).
- The Mountaineers have fared well as a 3-point underdog, going 1-0 against the spread when they are at least 3-point underdogs.
- The Mountaineers and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this year — 2 of 6 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/20/2020||Appalachian State||-2.5||132.5||-149||+120||Regular Season||78-70 SALA|
|12/19/2019||South Alabama||-5||140||-223||+177||Regular Season||81-71 APPLST|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-71 SALA|
|1/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-73 SALA|
South Alabama Leaders
- The Jaguars leader in points and assists is Michael Flowers, who scores 21.2 points per game to go with 3.5 assists.
- Kayo Goncalves is South Alabama’s best rebounder, pulling down an average of 5.8 boards in each contest while scoring 10.2 points per game.
- Flowers makes more threes per game than any other member of the Jaguars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 3.1 per contest.
- The South Alabama steals leader is Tyreke Locure, who averages 2.8 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Goncalves, who compiles 0.7 rejections per contest.
Appalachian State Leaders
- Adrian Delph sits at the top of the Mountaineers scoring leaderboard with 12.0 points per game. He also grabs 3.2 rebounds and dishes out 1.6 assists per game.
- Appalachian State’s leader in rebounds is Donovan Gregory with 4.8 per game, and its leader in assists is Justin Forrest with 2.7 per game.
- Delph knocks down 2.1 three-pointers per game, the most on the Mountaineers.
- Appalachian State’s leader in steals is Forrest (1.5 per game), and its leader in blocks is James Lewis (0.9 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found