Sun Belt foes square off when the South Alabama Jaguars (7-5) host the Georgia Southern Eagles (8-3) at Mitchell Center, beginning at 7:00 PM ET on Friday, January 22, 2021. The Eagles are 2.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under set at 139.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|South Alabama (-2.5)||Over (139.5)||South Alabama 76 Georgia Southern 68|
- The Jaguars and their opponents have combined to put up more than 139.5 points in 75% of their outings this year (nine of 12 opportunities).
- Georgia Southern and its opponents have combined to score more than 139.5 points in seven of 11 outings (63.6%) this year.
- The Jaguars and the Eagles combine to average 22.6 more points per game than the over/under of 139.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 141.7 points per game, 2.2 more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Jaguars average point total in outings this year is 156, 16.5 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Eagles games this season have averaged an over/under of 147.8 points, 8.3 more than the point total in this matchup.
South Alabama Betting Information
- South Alabama has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 1-6 record.
- When favored by at least 2.5 points, the Jaguars have struggled to a 1-4 record ATS this season.
- South Alabama has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 6 of 7 games for a 85.7% rate.
Georgia Southern Betting Information
- The Eagles have a losing record against the spread, going 3-4 ATS (covering just 42.9% of the time).
- The Eagles have not fared well as a 2.5-point underdog, going 1-2 against the spread when they are at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Georgia Southern and its opponents have hit the over in half of their matchups this season — 3 of 7.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||79-69 SALA|
|1/18/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-68 SALA|
|2/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-65 GAS|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-86 GAS|
South Alabama Leaders
- Michael Flowers leads the Jaguars in points and assists per game, scoring 22.3 points and distributing 3.6 assists.
- Jamal West leads the Jaguars in rebounding, pulling down 6.4 rebounds per game while also scoring 5.0 points a contest.
- The Jaguars get the most three-point shooting production out of Flowers, who knocks down 3.4 threes per game.
- The South Alabama steals leader is Tyreke Locure, who averages 2.8 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is West, who compiles 0.7 rejections per contest.
Georgia Southern Leaders
- Zack Bryant sits at the top of the Eagles scoring leaderboard with 14.5 points per game. He also collects 2.6 rebounds and dishes out 2.5 assists per game.
- Prince Toyambi puts up a stat line of 5.8 rebounds, 7.0 points and 0.1 assists per game for Georgia Southern to take the top rebound spot on the team. Eric Boone has the top spot for assists with 3.1 per game, adding 11.5 points and 3.5 rebounds per outing.
- Gedi Juozapaitis provides the bulk of the Eagles’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 1.8 threes per game to lead the team.
- Georgia Southern’s leader in steals is Boone with 2.3 per game, and its leader in blocks is Bryant with 1.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Jackson State Tigers vs. Alabama A&M Bulldogs: 3/4/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/4/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Southern Utah Thunderbirds vs. Portland State Vikings: 3/4/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Austin Peay Governors 3/4/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends