John Pettway leads the South Alabama Jaguars (16-10) into a matchup with the UL Monroe Warhawks (7-18) after putting up 30 points in an 82-73 loss to Georgia State. The Jaguars are 5-point favorites in the game on Friday, March 5, 2021, which tips at 6:30 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has a point total of 133.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- In 20 of 26 opportunities (76.9%) this season, the Jaguars and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 133.5 points.
- UL Monroe has played in 11 games this season (out of 25 total matchups — 44% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 133.5 points.
- The Jaguars and the Warhawks combine to average 4.5 more points per game than the over/under of 133.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 139 points per game, 5.5 more than the over/under for this game.
- The average point total for Jaguars games this season is 11.2 more points than the total of 133.5 in this matchup.
- The average total in Warhawks games this year is 1.1 fewer points than the point total of 133.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Jaguars record 74.1 points per game, 5.6 more points than the 68.5 the Warhawks allow.
- South Alabama is 11-8 overall and 6-0 against the spread when scoring more than 68.5 points.
- UL Monroe is 1-6 overall and 2-4 against the spread when giving up more than 74.1 points.
- The Warhawks score an average of 63.9 points per game, 6.6 fewer points than the 70.5 the Jaguars give up.
- UL Monroe has put together a 6-0 ATS record and a 4-4 overall record in games it scores more than 70.5 points.
- South Alabama’s record is 10-9 overall and 5-10 against the spread when it allows more than 63.9 points to its opponents.
- The Jaguars have totaled 93 more points than their opponents this season (3.6 per game on average), while the Warhawks have been out-scored by 114 total points (4.6 per game average differential).
South Alabama Betting Information
- The Jaguars have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 10-11 record.
- The Jaguars have struggled to cover, going just 0-2 ATS when favored by at least 5 points.
- In 11 of 21 (52.4%) contests this season, South Alabama and its opponents have hit the over.
UL Monroe Betting Information
- The Warhawks have a winning record against the spread, going 14-9-1 ATS (covering 58.3% of the time).
- The Warhawks have not fared well as a 5-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 5-point underdogs.
- In most of UL Monroe’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (10 out of 24 games, 41.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||South Alabama||-11||130||-780||+502||Regular Season||50-49 SALA|
|1/4/2020||South Alabama||-1.5||135||-125||+102||Regular Season||69-49 LAMON|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-72 SALA|
South Alabama Leaders
- Michael Flowers leads the Jaguars in points and assists per game, scoring 20.8 points and distributing 3.5 assists.
- South Alabama’s best rebounder is Jamal West, who averages 6.1 boards per game in addition to his 5.6 PPG average.
- Flowers provides the bulk of the Jaguars’ three-point shooting production. He knocks down 3.1 threes per game to lead the team.
- Tyreke Locure and West lead South Alabama on the defensive end, with Locure leading the team in steals averaging 2.1 per game and West in blocks averaging 1.0 per contest.
UL Monroe Leaders
- The Warhawks’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Russell Harrison with 12.6 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.
- The Warhawks’ leading assist machine is Elijah Gonzales with a stat line of 3.8 assists, 6.8 points, and 2.0 rebounds per game.
- Harrison connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Warhawks, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 1.8 per game.
- UL Monroe’s leader in steals is Gonzales (2.0 per game), and its leader in blocks is Chris Efretuei (1.3 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED