The South Carolina Gamecocks (3-4) are at home in SEC action against the Auburn Tigers (8-7) on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. The Gamecocks are 3-point favorites in the game, the first matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under of 154.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Auburn (+3)||Under (154.5)||South Carolina 74 Auburn 72|
- In 14.3% of their games this year (one of seven chances), the Gamecocks and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s point total of 154.5 points.
- Auburn has played in six games this season (out of 15 total matchups — 40% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 154.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 148.1 points per game, 6.4 less points than the total of 154.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 9.5 less points per game (145) than this matchup’s total of 154.5 points.
- The Gamecocks average point total in outings this season is 144, 10.5 points below the over/under in this game.
- Tigers games this season have averaged a total of 149.1 points, 5.4 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Gamecocks average 72 points per contest, just one fewer point than the 73 the Tigers allow their opponents.
- When South Carolina totals more than 73 points, it is 2-1 overall and 2-0 against the spread.
- Auburn has recorded a 2-4-1 record against the spread and a 3-5 record overall in games when it allows more than 72 points.
- The Tigers average only 4.1 more points per game (76.1) than the Gamecocks give up to opponents (72).
- Auburn is 5-0-1 against the spread and 6-3 overall when it scores more than 72 points.
- South Carolina has a 0-4 record overall and an ATS record of 1-3 in games when its opponents score more than 76.1 points.
- The Tigers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 47 points this season (3.1 points per game on average), while the Gamecocks have an even point differential on the year.
South Carolina Betting Information
- The Gamecocks have struggled to an extent against the spread this year, posting a 3-4 record.
- When favored by at least 3 points, the Gamecocks have struggled to a 0-2 record ATS this season.
- More often than not, South Carolina and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 5 of 7 chances this season.
Auburn Betting Information
- Auburn has an even record against the spread, going 6-6-2 ATS.
- When they are at least 3-point underdogs, the Tigers have a record ATS of 3-2-1.
- Auburn has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 28.6% of matchups this year (4 out of 14 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/22/2020||Auburn||-11||147.5||-732||+497||Regular Season||80-67 AUBURN|
|1/22/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-77 SC|
South Carolina Leaders
- The Gamecocks scoring leader is A.J. Lawson, who averages 16.6 per contest to go with 3.6 rebounds and 2.0 assists.
- Justin Minaya leads the Gamecocks in rebounding, averaging 8.1 per game, while Jermaine Couisnard leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.9 in each contest.
- Lawson provides the most three-point shooting production for the Gamecocks. He makes 2.4 threes per game.
- Lawson and Keyshawn Bryant lead the Gamecocks on the defensive end, with Lawson leading the team in steals averaging 1.7 per game and Bryant in blocks averaging 1.2 per contest.
- Justin Powell paces the Tigers in both rebounds and assists with 6.1 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game.
- Allen Flanigan’s stat line of 13.8 points, 5.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game put him at the top of the Tigers scoring leaderboard.
- Jamal Johnson paces his teammates on the Tigers with 2.1 made threes per outing.
- JT Thor (1.1 steals per game) is the steal leader for Auburn while Jaylin Williams (1.5 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Missouri State Bears vs. Evansville Purple Aces: 2/26/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Purdue Boilermakers: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Indiana State Sycamores vs. Valparaiso Crusaders: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Montana State Bobcats vs. Idaho Vandals: 2/26/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Drake Bulldogs vs. Bradley Braves 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends