The Mississippi State Bulldogs (10-9) are just 2.5-point underdogs as they attempt to break a three-game road slide when they visit the South Carolina Gamecocks (5-6) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at Colonial Life Arena. The matchup airs at 3:30 PM ET on SECN. The over/under is set at 141.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mississippi State (+2.5)||Over (141.5)||South Carolina 73 Mississippi State 71|
- The Gamecocks and their opponents have combined to put up more than 141.5 points in 63.6% of their outings this season (seven of 11 opportunities).
- Mississippi State and its opponents have added up to score at least 141.5 points in 42.1% of their matchups this season (eight of 19 opportunities).
- The Gamecocks and the Bulldogs combine to average 4.2 more points per game than the over/under of 141.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.4 fewer points per game (141.1) than this game’s over/under of 141.5 points.
- The Gamecocks average point total in matchups this season is 150.6, 9.1 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under in Bulldogs games this year is 5.3 less points than the point total of 141.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 75.1 points per game the Gamecocks put up are 9.5 more points than the Bulldogs give up (65.6).
- When South Carolina totals more than 65.6 points, it is 5-0 against the spread and 5-5 overall.
- Mississippi State is 1-4 overall and 1-4 against the spread when giving up more than 75.1 points.
- The Bulldogs put up just 4.9 fewer points than the Gamecocks allow (75.5).
- Mississippi State has put together a 5-0 ATS record and a 7-1 overall record in games it scores more than 75.5 points.
- South Carolina is 1-6 against the spread and 1-6 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 70.6 points.
- The Gamecocks have been out-scored by five points this season (0.4 points per game on average), while the Bulldogs have put up 95 more points than their opponents on the year (five per game).
South Carolina Betting Information
- The Gamecocks have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 5-6 record.
- The Gamecocks have struggled to cover, going just 3-4 ATS when favored by at least 2.5 points.
- South Carolina has been reliable for the over this season, combining with opponents to reach the total in 7 of 11 games for a 63.6% rate.
Mississippi State Betting Information
- Mississippi State has covered the spread in half of its outings, going 9-9 ATS.
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Bulldogs have a record ATS of 4-6.
- Mississippi State has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 55.6% of matchups this season (10 out of 18 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/3/2020||South Carolina||-2||146.5||-136||+112||Regular Season||83-71 SC|
|2/19/2020||Mississippi State||-5.5||144||-244||+193||Regular Season||79-76 MSSTATE|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-61 MSSTATE|
|1/8/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-82 SC|
South Carolina Leaders
- The Gamecocks scoring leader is A.J. Lawson, who averages 17.6 per contest to go with 3.9 rebounds and 1.7 assists.
- Justin Minaya leads the Gamecocks in rebounding, averaging 7.0 per game, while Jermaine Couisnard leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.7 in each contest.
- Lawson leads the Gamecocks in three-point shooting with an average of 2.8 made threes per game.
- Lawson and Jalyn McCreary lead the Gamecocks on the defensive end, with Lawson leading the team in steals averaging 1.6 per game and McCreary in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
Mississippi State Leaders
- D.J. Stewart scores 17.1 points per game to be the top scorer for the Bulldogs.
- Tolu Smith is at the top of the Bulldogs rebounding leaderboard with 8.3 rebounds per game, and Iverson Molinar paces the squad in assists with 2.9 per contest.
- Stewart is dependable from distance and leads the Bulldogs with 1.5 made threes per game.
- Mississippi State’s leader in steals is Stewart (1.3 per game), and its leader in blocks is Abdul Ado (1.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED