Scotty Pippen Jr leads the Vanderbilt Commodores (4-8) into a matchup with the South Carolina Gamecocks (4-5) after putting up 32 points in a 78-71 loss to Florida. The Commodores are 4-point underdogs in the game on Saturday, January 30, 2021, which tips at 8:30 PM ET on SECN. The matchup has an over/under set at 152 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Vanderbilt (+4)||Under (152)||South Carolina 76 Vanderbilt 72|
- The Gamecocks and their opponents have scored no less than 152 points — this matchup’s point total — in two of nine outings (22.2%) this season.
- Vanderbilt has played in three games this season (out of 12 total matchups — 25% of chances) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 152 points.
- The Gamecocks and the Commodores combine to average 4.8 fewer points per game than the total of 152 set for this matchup.
- The Gamecocks and the Commodores have seen their opponents average a combined 3.4 less points per game than the over/under of 152 set in this outing.
- The Gamecocks average point total in matchups this season is 149.4, 2.6 points below the total in this game.
- The average total for Commodores games this year is 5.7 fewer points than the point total of 152 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Gamecocks record only 0.9 more points per game (74.8) than the Commodores allow (73.9).
- South Carolina is 3-0 against the spread and 3-2 overall when scoring more than 73.9 points.
- When Vanderbilt gives up more than 74.8 points, it is 3-5 against the spread and 0-8 overall.
- The Commodores average only 2.3 fewer points than the Gamecocks allow (74.7).
- Vanderbilt has put together a 3-0-1 ATS record and a 3-1 overall record in games it scores more than 74.7 points.
- South Carolina’s record is 0-5 overall and 1-4 against the spread when it gives up more than 72.4 points to its opponents.
- The Gamecocks have out-scored their opponents by only one point this season (0.1 points per game on average), and opponents of the Commodores have out-scored them by just 18 more points on the year (1.5 per game).
South Carolina Betting Information
- The Gamecocks have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 4-5 record.
- The Gamecocks have struggled to cover, going just 1-2 ATS when favored by at least 4 points.
- The Gamecocks and their opponents have gone over the total in 6 of 9 games (66.7%) this season.
Vanderbilt Betting Information
- Vanderbilt has a losing record against the spread, going 5-6-1 ATS (covering only 41.7% of the time).
- When they are at least 4-point underdogs, the Commodores have fared well, going 2-1-1 against the spread.
- In most of Commodores games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (8 out of 12 games, 66.7%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||South Carolina||-5||149||-223||+177||Regular Season||83-74 VAND|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-64 SC|
|1/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-71 SC|
South Carolina Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Gamecocks this season is A.J. Lawson, who averages 16.8 points, 3.4 rebounds, and 1.9 assists per game.
- Justin Minaya leads the Gamecocks in rebounding, averaging 7.9 per game, while Jermaine Couisnard leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.9 in each contest.
- The Gamecocks get the most three-point shooting production out of Lawson, who knocks down 2.9 threes per game.
- The South Carolina steals leader is Lawson, who averages 1.7 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Jalyn McCreary, who compiles 1.6 rejections per contest.
- Scotty Pippen Jr.’s points (21.6 per game) and assists (5.3 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Commodores’ leaderboards.
- Dylan Disu is at the top of the Vanderbilt rebounding leaderboard with 8.5 rebounds per game. He also scores 13.7 points and tacks on 1.3 assists per game.
- Pippen is consistent from deep and leads the Commodores with 2.0 made threes per game.
- The Commodores’ leader in steals is Pippen with 1.4 per game, and Disu is their leader in blocks with 1.1 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. East Carolina Pirates: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Northwestern Wildcats vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Liberty Flames vs. North Alabama Lions: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Drake Bulldogs: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview