The South Carolina Upstate Spartans (0-8) are favored (-4.5) to end an eight-game losing streak when they host the Hampton Pirates (2-5) at 6:00 PM ET on Thursday, January 14, 2021 at Hodge Center. The matchup airs on ESPN+. The matchup’s point total is set at 145.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|South Carolina Upstate||-4.5||-113||-109||145.5||-108||-113||-205||165|
|Hampton (+4.5)||Under (145.5)||South Carolina Upstate 74 Hampton 71|
- The Spartans and their opponents have combined for 145.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in five of eight games (62.5%) this year.
- Hampton has combined with its opponents to score at least 145.5 points in three of seven opportunities (42.9%) this season.
- These teams average a combined 139.7 points per game, 5.8 less points than the total of 145.5 set for this matchup.
- The Spartans and the Pirates have seen their opponents average a combined 18.3 more points per game than the over/under of 145.5 set for this matchup.
- The average point total in Spartans games this year is 9.5 more points than the total of 145.5 in this matchup.
- The average total in Pirates games this year is 2.9 more points than the point total of 145.5 in this outing.
South Carolina Upstate Betting Information
- The Spartans are 3-3 against the spread this season.
- South Carolina Upstate and its opponents have combined to cover the point total in 3 of 6 games this year (50%).
Hampton Betting Information
- The Pirates have a 2-5 record against the spread, covering in just 28.6% of their outings.
- Hampton has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 42.9% of matchups this year (3 out of 7 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-79 USCU|
|1/8/2020||Hampton||-1.5||145||-125||+102||Regular Season||83-73 USCU|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-71 HAMPTON|
|1/24/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-70 HAMPTON|
South Carolina Upstate Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Spartans is Tommy Bruner, who scores 14.6 points and dishes out 4.6 assists per game.
- Nevin Zink is the Spartans best rebounder, pulling down an average of 5.3 boards in each contest while scoring 8.2 points per game.
- Bryson Mozone contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Spartans. He makes 2.3 threes per game.
- Bruner and Khydarius Smith lead South Carolina Upstate on the defensive end, with Bruner leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Smith in blocks averaging 1.0 per contest.
- Davion Warren racks up 20.5 points per game to be the top scorer for the Pirates.
- The Hampton leaders in rebounding and assists are Edward Oliver-Hampton with 7.7 rebounds per game (he also adds 10.0 points and 0.9 assists per game) and Russell Dean with 6.8 assists per game (he also tacks on 11.1 points and 4.1 rebounds per game).
- Chris Shelton is the top scorer from deep for the Pirates, hitting 3.1 threes per game.
- Hampton’s leader in steals is Warren (2.2 per game), and its leader in blocks is Dajour Dickens (3.4 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found