Stanley Umude leads the South Dakota Coyotes (13-10) into a matchup with the Western Illinois Leathernecks (7-14) after scoring 39 points in an 89-77 loss to North Dakota State. The Leathernecks are 8.5-point underdogs in the game on Saturday, March 6, 2021, which tips off at 9:45 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup has a point total of 156.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- The Coyotes and their opponents have combined to score more than 156 points in 34.8% of their games this season (eight of 23 opportunities).
- Western Illinois and its opponents have added up to score at least 156 points in 47.6% of their matchups this season (10 of 21 chances).
- These two teams average a combined 148.8 points per game, 7.2 fewer points than the total of 156 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined five less points per game (151) than this game’s total of 156 points.
- The average point total for Coyotes games this year is 8.4 fewer points than the total of 156 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Leathernecks this year is 3.8 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 75.6 points per game the Coyotes score are just 3.4 fewer points than the Leathernecks give up (79).
- South Dakota is 6-0 against the spread and 9-1 overall when scoring more than 79 points.
- In games Western Illinois allows more than 75.6 points, it is 6-5-1 against the spread and 2-11 overall.
- The Leathernecks’ 73.2 points per game are just 1.2 more points than the 72 the Coyotes give up.
- In games it scores more than 72 points, Western Illinois is 10-0-1 against the spread and 7-7 overall.
- South Dakota’s record is 4-9 overall and 3-10 against the spread when it allows more than 73.2 points to its opponents.
- The Coyotes have totaled 81 more points than their opponents this season (3.6 per game on average), while the Leathernecks have been out-scored by 123 total points (5.8 per game average differential).
South Dakota Betting Information
- The Coyotes have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 9-12-1 record.
- When favored by at least 8.5 points, the Coyotes have fared well against the spread, putting together a 3-1 record.
- The Coyotes have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 9 times in 22 games this season.
Western Illinois Betting Information
- Western Illinois has a winning record against the spread, going 12-6-1 ATS (covering 63.2% of the time).
- The Leathernecks and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 11 of 19 (57.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/23/2021||South Dakota||-7.5||144||-343||+271||Regular Season||84-74 SDAK|
|1/22/2021||South Dakota||-7.5||147.5||-341||+267||Regular Season||65-60 SDAK|
|2/12/2020||South Dakota||-14.5||157||-1597||+830||Regular Season||85-72 SDAK|
|12/29/2019||South Dakota||-5.5||150||-244||+195||Regular Season||82-75 WILL|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-67 SDAK|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-59 WILL|
South Dakota Leaders
- Umude leads the Coyotes in scoring and rebounding, tallying 21.3 points and 6.9 rebounds per game.
- A.J. Plitzuweit leads the Coyotes in assists, averaging 3.9 per game while also scoring 19.0 points per contest.
- Plitzuweit makes more threes per game than any other member of the Coyotes, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 2.4 per game.
- Plitzuweit is South Dakota’s leader in steals, averaging 1.0 steal per game, while Brady Heiman leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
Western Illinois Leaders
- Will Carius is at the top of the Leathernecks scoring leaderboard with 14.9 points per game. He also collects 5.0 rebounds and dishes out 0.9 assists per game.
- The Western Illinois leaders in rebounding and assists are Tamell Pearson with 7.1 rebounds per game (he also adds 10.7 points and 1.3 assists per game) and Colton Sandage with 2.3 assists per game (he also tacks on 9.7 points and 2.1 rebounds per game).
- Carius is the top shooter from distance for the Leathernecks, hitting 2.5 threes per game.
- The Leathernecks’ leader in steals is Marcus Watson Jr. with 1.0 per game, and Pearson is their leader in blocks with 0.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED