The South Dakota State Jackrabbits (5-3) host the Western Illinois Leathernecks (2-6) in a matchup of Summit teams at Frost Arena, tipping off at 8:30 PM ET on Friday, January 8, 2021. The Leathernecks are 18.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup’s point total is set at 155.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|South Dakota State||-18.5||-110||-110||155.5||-110||-110||-3335||1200|
|Western Illinois (+18.5)||Under (155.5)||South Dakota State 83 Western Illinois 66|
- In two of eight games (25%) this year, the Jackrabbits and their opponents have totaled at least this matchup’s point total of 155.5 points.
- Western Illinois and its opponents have combined to score more than 155.5 points in 37.5% of their games this year (three of eight chances).
- The two teams average a combined 10.5 fewer points per game (145) than this game’s over/under of 155.5 points.
- The Jackrabbits and the Leathernecks have seen their opponents average a combined 4.9 fewer points per game than the point total of 155.5 set for this matchup.
- The average over/under the Jackrabbits have had set in matchups this season is 6.6 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- Leathernecks games this season have averaged an over/under of 146.6 points, 8.9 less than the point total in this matchup.
South Dakota State Betting Information
- The Jackrabbits have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 4-3 record.
- South Dakota State and its opponents have converted the over just 3 times in 7 (42.9%) games this season.
Western Illinois Betting Information
- Western Illinois has covered the spread in greater than half of its contests, going 3-2-1 ATS.
- The Leathernecks and their opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this season — 2 of 6 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-61 SDKST|
|1/4/2020||South Dakota State||-13.5||155||-1250||+700||Regular Season||91-56 SDKST|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-66 SDKST|
|12/28/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||100-58 SDKST|
South Dakota State Leaders
- The scoring leader for the Jackrabbits this season is Noah Freidel, who averages 17.5 points, 4.9 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game.
- Baylor Scheierman is South Dakota State’s leading rebounder, grabbing 8.8 per game, while Alex Arians is its best passer, averaging 2.9 assists in each contest.
- Freidel leads the Jackrabbits in three-point shooting with an average of 2.9 made threes per game.
- The South Dakota State steals leader is Scheierman, who averages 1.2 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Matt Dentlinger, who compiles 1.3 rejections per contest.
Western Illinois Leaders
- The Leathernecks’ leader in scoring and rebounding is Tamell Pearson with 12.8 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.
- Marcus Watson Jr.’s assist statline leads Western Illinois; he records 3.3 assists per game.
- Will Carius is the top scorer from the three-point line for the Leathernecks, hitting 2.1 threes per game.
- Western Illinois’ leader in steals is Watson (1.5 per game), and its leader in blocks is Carius (1.0 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found