The Illinois State Redbirds (5-12) are 5.5-point underdogs as they try to stop a six-game losing streak when they visit the Southern Illinois Salukis (8-5) on Saturday, February 13, 2021 at SIU Arena. The matchup airs at 4:00 PM ET on ESP3. The matchup has an over/under of 140.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern Illinois (-5.5)||Under (140)||Southern Illinois 73 Illinois State 66|
- In 38.5% of their games this season (five of 13 chances), the Salukis and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s over/under of 140 points.
- In 11 of 17 opportunities (64.7%) this season, Illinois State has combined with its opponents to score at least 140 points.
- The two teams average a combined 5.8 more points per game (145.8) than this matchup’s over/under of 140 points.
- The Salukis and the Redbirds have seen their opponents average a combined 3.1 more points per game than the point total of 140 set in this matchup.
- The Salukis average point total in matchups this season is 139.2, 0.8 points below the total in this game.
- Redbirds games this year have averaged a total of 149.6 points, 9.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
Southern Illinois Betting Information
- Strong against this spread this season, the Salukis have covered seven times in 12 contests.
- The Salukis have posted a winning record of 2-0-1 against the spread when the spread is -5.5 or higher.
- In 7 of 12 (58.3%) contests this season, Southern Illinois and its opponents have hit the total.
Illinois State Betting Information
- Illinois State has a losing record against the spread, going 7-9 ATS (covering just 43.8% of the time).
- The Redbirds have fared well as a 5.5-point underdog, going 1-0 against the spread when they are at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- Illinois State and its opponents have hit the over in half of their games this year — 8 of 16.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||58-55 SILL|
|1/4/2020||Southern Illinois||-3||128||-159||+130||Regular Season||67-55 SILL|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-63 SILL|
|1/15/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||59-58 ILLST|
Southern Illinois Leaders
- The Salukis scoring leader is Marcus Domask, who averages 16.3 per contest to go with 4.5 rebounds and 3.2 assists.
- Kyler Filewich is the Salukis leading rebounder, pulling down 5.1 per game, while Lance Jones is their best passer, averaging 3.3 assists in each contest.
- Jones provides the most three-point shooting production for the Salukis. He knocks down 2.0 threes per game.
- Jones and Domask lead the Salukis on the defensive end, with Jones leading the team in steals averaging 1.6 per game and Domask in blocks averaging 1.0 per contest.
Illinois State Leaders
- DJ Horne racks up 14.9 points per game to be the top scorer for the Redbirds.
- The Illinois State leaders in rebounding and assists are Dusan Mahorcic with 7.4 rebounds per game (he also adds 9.4 points and 1.1 assists per game) and Josiah Strong with 3.1 assists per game (he also tacks on 11.4 points and 2.6 rebounds per game).
- Horne provides the most three-point shooting production for the Redbirds. He knocks down 2.6 threes per game.
- Horne (1.4 steals per game) and Abdou Ndiaye (1.5 blocks per game) lead the Redbirds in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends