The Alabama State Hornets (0-4) will attempt to stop a four-game losing streak when they host the Southern Jaguars (2-5) on Monday, January 25, 2021 at Dunn-Oliver Acadome as 8-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET. The over/under is set at 127.5 in the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern (-8)||Over (127.5)||Southern 74 Alabama State 60|
- The Jaguars and their opponents have scored at least 127.5 points — this matchup’s point total — in four of seven outings (57.1%) this year.
- In two of four outings (50%) this year, Alabama State has combined with its opponents to score more than 127.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 2.9 less points per game (124.6) than this game’s total of 127.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 17.9 more points per game (145.4) than this matchup’s over/under of 127.5 points.
- The average point total for Jaguars games this season is 12.8 more points than the over/under of 127.5 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Hornets games this year is 2.3 more points than the point total of 127.5 in this outing.
Southern Betting Information
- The Jaguars are 3-3 against the spread this season.
- When favored by at least 8 points, the Jaguars have fared well against the spread, putting together a 1-0 record.
- Southern and its foes have combined to cover the point total in 3 of 6 games this year (50%).
Alabama State Betting Information
- Alabama State has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 1-3 ATS.
- The Hornets and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this year — 1 of 4 (25%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/10/2020||Southern||-10||129.5||-577||+408||Conference Tournament||67-53 SOUTH|
|2/22/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||56-44 SOUTH|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-71 SOUTH|
|2/25/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||60-57 ALASU|
|1/28/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-65 ALASU|
- Jayden Saddler leads the Jaguars in points and assists per game, scoring 10.0 points and distributing 5.3 assists.
- Harrison Henderson is the Jaguars best rebounder, hauling in an average of 7.1 boards in each contest while scoring 9.5 points per game.
- Samkelo Cele leads the Jaguars in three-point shooting, making an average of 1.3 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Ahsante Shivers is the Jaguars leader in steals, averaging 1.9 steals per game, while Damiree Burns leads them in blocks with 0.6 per contest.
Alabama State Leaders
- Kenny Strawbridge puts up 11.2 points and 8.0 rebounds per game for the Hornets, making him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- DJ Heath dishes out more assists than any other Alabama State player with 2.2 per game. He also averages 6.5 points and grabs 3.0 rebounds per game.
- Jordan Cousin hits 1.4 three-pointers per game, the most on the Hornets.
- Alabama State’s leader in steals is Heath (2.0 per game), and its leader in blocks is Jordan O’Neal (2.2 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. NC State Wolf Pack: 2/24/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Mercer Bears vs. Chattanooga Mocs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Seton Hall Pirates vs. Butler Bulldogs: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Furman Paladins vs. Citadel Bulldogs 2/24/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Mississippi State Bulldogs vs. South Carolina Gamecocks: 2/24/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends