The Alabama State Hornets (3-7) visit the Southern Jaguars (3-8) after losing four straight road games. The Jaguars are heavy favorites by 10 points in the contest, which begins at 8:30 PM ET on Monday, February 22, 2021. The matchup’s over/under is set at 133.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern (-10)||Over (133)||Southern 74 Alabama State 62|
- The Jaguars and their opponents have scored at least 133 points — this matchup’s over/under — in six of 11 games (54.5%) this year.
- Alabama State has combined with its opponents to score at least 133 points in six of 10 opportunities (60%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 3.2 fewer points per game (129.8) than this matchup’s total of 133 points.
- The Jaguars and the Hornets have seen their opponents average a combined 9.7 more points per game than the over/under of 133 set in this matchup.
- The average point total in Jaguars games this season is four more points than the total of 133 in this matchup.
- Hornets games this season have averaged a total of 135.5 points, 2.5 more than the point total in this matchup.
Southern Betting Information
- The Jaguars have struggled somewhat against the spread this season, posting a 3-7 record.
- The Jaguars have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 50% of their games this season (5 of 10 contests).
Alabama State Betting Information
- The Hornets have an even record against the spread, going 5-5 ATS.
- The Hornets have not fared well as a 10-point underdog, going 0-1 against the spread when they are at least 10-point underdogs.
- Alabama State and its opponents have hit the over in fewer than half of their matchups this season — 4 of 10 (40%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/25/2021||Southern||-8.5||130.5||-436||+331||Regular Season||66-64 ALASU|
|3/10/2020||Southern||-10||129.5||-577||+408||Conference Tournament||67-53 SOUTH|
|2/22/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||56-44 SOUTH|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-71 SOUTH|
|2/25/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||60-57 ALASU|
|1/28/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-65 ALASU|
- Jayden Saddler leads the Jaguars in points and assists per game, scoring 10.3 points and distributing 5.3 assists.
- Harrison Henderson leads the Jaguars in rebounding, pulling down 7.3 boards per game while also scoring 8.7 points a contest.
- Samkelo Cele makes more threes per game than any other member of the Jaguars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.5 per contest.
- Ahsante Shivers is Southern’s leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Andre Allen leads them in blocks with 0.5 per contest.
Alabama State Leaders
- Brandon Battle sits atop the Hornets leaderboards for both scoring and rebounding with 12.0 points and 7.6 rebounds per game.
- The Hornets’ top assist machine is DJ Heath with a stat line of 2.5 assists, 10.0 points, and 3.3 rebounds per game.
- Kevion Stewart contributes the bulk of the Hornets’ three-point shooting production. He hits 1.7 threes per game to lead the squad.
- The Hornets’ leader in steals is Heath with 1.4 per game, and Jordan O’Neal is their leader in blocks with 1.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. East Carolina Pirates: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Northwestern Wildcats vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Liberty Flames vs. North Alabama Lions: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Drake Bulldogs: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview