The Southern Jaguars (2-6) are at home in SWAC play against the Grambling Tigers (6-7) on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The Jaguars are favored by 6.5 points in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has a point total of 136.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Grambling (+6.5)||Over (136.5)||Southern 71 Grambling 67|
- The Jaguars and their opponents have combined to score more than 136.5 points in 37.5% of their games this season (three of eight opportunities).
- Grambling has played in six games this year (out of 13 total matchups — 46.2% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score at least 136.5 points.
- These teams average a combined 129.1 points per game, 7.4 less points than the total of 136.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 144.2 points per game, 7.7 more than the over/under for this game.
- The average point total for Jaguars games this year is 2.5 more points than the over/under of 136.5 in this matchup.
- Tigers games this season have averaged an over/under of 134.3 points, 2.2 less than the point total in this matchup.
Southern Betting Information
- Southern has struggled against the spread, going 3-4 on the year.
- When favored by at least 6.5 points, the Jaguars have compiled a 1-1 record ATS.
- Southern has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 3 times in 7 contests (42.9%).
Grambling Betting Information
- The Tigers have a 3-9 record against the spread, covering in only 25% of their contests.
- When they are at least 6.5-point underdogs, the Tigers have not fared well, going 0-3 against the spread.
- In the majority of Tigers games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (7 out of 12 games, 58.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2021||Grambling||-1.5||135.5||-126||+104||Regular Season||61-55 SOUTH|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-62 GRMBST|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||61-56 GRMBST|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||59-40 GRMBST|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-63 GRMBST|
- The Jaguars leader in points and assists is Jayden Saddler, who puts up 10.4 points per game along with 5.6 assists.
- Harrison Henderson is Southern’s best rebounder, grabbing an average of 7.7 boards in each contest while scoring 8.3 points per game.
- Samkelo Cele leads the Jaguars in three-point shooting, making an average of 1.3 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Ahsante Shivers and Kirk Parker lead the Jaguars on the defensive end, with Shivers leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Parker in blocks averaging 0.5 per contest.
- Trevell Cunningham paces the Tigers in both rebounds and assists with 5.2 rebounds and 5.7 assists per game.
- Cameron Christon scores 12.9 points per game, putting him at the top of the Grambling scoring leaderboard. He also grabs 5.0 rebounds and averages 1.3 assists per game.
- Christon’s 1.5 made threes per game lead the Tigers.
- Terreon Randolph (1.6 steals per game) and Brian Thomas (1.3 blocks per game) pace the Tigers in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED