The No. 5 seed Southern Jaguars (8-10) are favored by 2 points when they play the No. 4 seed Grambling Tigers (11-11) in the SWAC Tournament quarterfinals Thursday at Bartow Arena, tipping off at 9:30 PM ET on ESPN3. A guaranteed spot in the NCAA Tournament bracket is on the line as these teams look to claim the SWAC championship.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Grambling (+2)||Over (138)||Southern 70 Grambling 69|
- The Jaguars and their opponents have scored no less than 138 points — this matchup’s over/under — in nine of 18 opportunities (50%) this season.
- Grambling has played in 11 games this year (out of 22 total matchups — 50% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 138 points.
- These two teams average a combined 137.4 points per game, 0.6 less points than the total of 138 set for this matchup.
- The Jaguars and the Tigers have seen their opponents average a combined 0.7 more points per game than the over/under of 138 set in this matchup.
- The Jaguars average point total in outings this year is 140.2, 2.2 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Tigers games this year have averaged an over/under of 135.9 points, 2.1 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Jaguars average 70 points per contest, only 1.5 more points than the 68.5 the Tigers allow their opponents.
- When Southern puts up more than 68.5 points, it is 6-0 against the spread and 7-4 overall.
- Grambling has compiled a 4-7 record against the spread and a 5-6 record overall in games when it allows more than 70 points.
- The Tigers average just 2.8 fewer points than the Jaguars allow their opponents to score (70.2).
- Grambling is 8-1 overall and 6-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 70.2 points.
- Southern is 2-7 against the spread and 2-8 overall when it allows its opponents to score more than 67.4 points.
- The Jaguars have been out-scored by three points this season (0.2 points per game on average), and opponents of the Tigers have out-scored them by 25 more points on the year (1.1 per game).
Southern Betting Information
- The Jaguars have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 7-10 record.
- The Jaguars have posted a losing record of 5-7 against the spread when the spread is -2 or higher.
- Southern and its opponents have reached the over 8 times in 17 contests this season.
Grambling Betting Information
- Grambling has a losing record against the spread, going 10-11 ATS (covering only 47.6% of the time).
- When they are at least 2-point underdogs, the Tigers have not fared well, going 3-6 against the spread.
- In most of Tigers games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (12 out of 21 games, 57.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/6/2021||Southern||-6.5||136||-294||+235||Regular Season||72-69 GRMBST|
|1/9/2021||Grambling||-1.5||135.5||-126||+104||Regular Season||61-55 SOUTH|
|2/8/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-62 GRMBST|
|1/11/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||61-56 GRMBST|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||59-40 GRMBST|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-63 GRMBST|
- The scoring leader for the Jaguars this season is Samkelo Cele, who averages 11.8 points, 3.9 rebounds, and 0.6 assists per game.
- Harrison Henderson is the Jaguars leading rebounder, pulling down 6.3 per game, while Jayden Saddler is their best passer, averaging 5.3 assists in each contest.
- Cele makes more threes per game than any other member of the Jaguars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.6 per contest.
- Saddler and Andre Allen lead Southern on the defensive end, with Saddler leading the team in steals averaging 1.6 per game and Allen in blocks averaging 0.4 per contest.
- Cameron Christon is at the top of the Tigers scoring leaderboard with 13.0 points per game. He also grabs 5.0 rebounds and dishes out 1.3 assists per game.
- Grambling’s leader in rebounds is Terreon Randolph with 5.7 per game, and its leader in assists is Trevell Cunningham with 5.2 per game.
- Christon’s 1.7 made threes per game lead the Tigers.
- Randolph is at the top of the Grambling steals and blocks leaderboards with 1.7 steals per game and 0.7 blocks per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED