The Southern Jaguars (2-7) are favored (-3.5) to end a three-game losing streak when they host the Jackson State Tigers (5-5) at 9:00 PM ET on Monday, February 8, 2021 at F. G. Clark Activity Center. The matchup airs on ESPNU. The point total for the matchup is set at 132.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Southern (-3.5)||Over (132.5)||Southern 70 Jackson State 66|
- The Jaguars and their opponents have combined to put up more than 132.5 points in 55.6% of their outings this year (five of nine opportunities).
- Jackson State and its opponents have added up to score at least 132.5 points in 60% of their matchups this year (six of 10 chances).
- The Jaguars and the Tigers combine to average 3.1 less points per game than the over/under of 132.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 141.5 points per game, 9.0 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The average over/under the Jaguars have had set in matchups this season is 6.7 more points than this outing’s point total.
- Tigers games this season have averaged a total of 131.7 points, 0.8 fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Southern Betting Information
- Southern has not fared well against the spread this season, posting a 3-5 record.
- The Jaguars have struggled to cover, going just 1-3 ATS when favored by at least 3.5 points.
- Southern and its foes have combined to reach or surpass the over in 4 of 8 games this season (50%).
Jackson State Betting Information
- Jackson State’s record against the spread is 5-5.
- When they are at least 3.5-point underdogs, the Tigers have fared well, going 3-1 against the spread.
- The Tigers and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their games this year — 6 of 10 (60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/10/2020||Jackson State||-3.5||130.5||-176||+142||Regular Season||67-51 JXST|
|1/13/2020||Jackson State||-1.5||133.5||-125||+103||Regular Season||56-50 SOUTH|
|2/11/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||76-67 SOUTH|
|1/14/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||64-58 JXST|
- Jayden Saddler leads the Jaguars in points and assists per game, scoring 10.1 points and distributing 5.7 assists.
- Southern’s best rebounder is Harrison Henderson, who averages 7.8 boards per game in addition to his 8.4 PPG average.
- Samkelo Cele paces his teammates on the Jaguars with 1.5 made threes per outing.
- Ahsante Shivers is the Jaguars leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Henderson leads them in blocks with 0.5 per contest.
Jackson State Leaders
- Tristan Jarrett sits at the top of the Tigers scoring leaderboard with 20.4 points per game. He also pulls down 6.3 rebounds and averages 1.8 assists per game.
- Jayveous McKinnis has a stat line of 12.9 rebounds, 12.8 points and 0.4 assists per game for Jackson State to take the top rebound spot on the team. Jonas James has the top spot for assists with 2.9 per game, adding 8.1 points and 2.1 rebounds per outing.
- Jarrett makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Tigers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.3 per game.
- Jackson State’s leader in steals is Jarrett with 1.8 per game, and its leader in blocks is McKinnis with 2.0 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED