The Southern Jaguars (3-8) hit the road in SWAC play against the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (1-13) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at 4:00 PM ET. The Jaguars are double-digit favorites by 20.5 points in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under set at 139.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mississippi Valley State (+20.5)||Over (139.5)||Southern 79 Mississippi Valley State 64|
- In five of 11 outings (45.5%) this year, the Jaguars and their opponents have scored at least this matchup’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- Mississippi Valley State and its opponents have combined to score more than 139.5 points in nine of 14 outings (64.3%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 17.1 less points per game (122.4) than this matchup’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 27.1 more points per game (166.6) than this game’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- The Jaguars average point total in matchups this season is 137, 2.5 points below the over/under in this game.
- The average over/under in Delta Devils games this year is 12.5 more points than the point total of 139.5 for this outing.
Southern Betting Information
- Southern has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 3-7 record.
- The Jaguars have combined with their opponents to go above the total in 50% of their games this season (5 of 10 contests).
Mississippi Valley State Betting Information
- The Delta Devils have a 4-10 record against the spread, covering in just 28.6% of their matchups.
- In most of Delta Devils games this season, the teams have not hit the over (6 out of 14 games, 42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/17/2020||Southern||-17||149||-2778||+1075||Regular Season||95-62 SOUTH|
|1/20/2020||Southern||-9||148||-484||+346||Regular Season||74-70 SOUTH|
|2/18/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-59 MSVSU|
|1/21/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-56 SOUTH|
- Jayden Saddler leads the Jaguars in points and assists per game, scoring 10.3 points and distributing 5.3 assists.
- Southern’s best rebounder is Harrison Henderson, who averages 7.3 boards per game in addition to his 8.7 PPG average.
- Samkelo Cele connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Jaguars, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 1.5 per contest.
- The Southern steals leader is Ahsante Shivers, who averages 1.5 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Andre Allen, who compiles 0.5 rejections per contest.
Mississippi Valley State Leaders
- Kam’Ron Cunningham is the top scorer for the Delta Devils with 13.6 points per game. He also adds 3.5 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game to his scoring output.
- Terry Collins has a stat line of 4.3 rebounds, 12.0 points and 2.4 assists per game for Mississippi Valley State to take the top rebound spot on the team. Caleb Hunter holds the top spot for assists with 3.0 per game, adding 12.0 points and 3.3 rebounds per contest.
- Cunningham leads the Delta Devils in three-point shooting with an average of 2.7 made threes per game.
- The Delta Devils’ leader in steals is Collins with 1.2 per game, and Leandre Howard is their leader in blocks with 0.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Wisconsin Badgers: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Cincinnati Bearcats vs. East Carolina Pirates: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Northwestern Wildcats vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers: 3/7/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Liberty Flames vs. North Alabama Lions: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Drake Bulldogs: 3/7/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview