Buddy Boeheim leads the Syracuse Orange (14-8) against the Clemson Tigers (15-5) after scoring 26 points in a 72-70 win over North Carolina. The Orange are 2.5-point favorites in the matchup on Wednesday, March 3, 2021, which tips off at 5:00 PM ET on ACCN. The matchup has an over/under of 135.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Clemson (+2.5)||Over (135.5)||Syracuse 69 Clemson 68|
- In 19 of 22 games (86.4%) this year, the Orange and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s point total of 135.5 points.
- Clemson has played in seven games this season (out of 20 total matchups — 35% of opportunities) where they combined with their opponents to score more than 135.5 points.
- The Orange and the Tigers combine to average 6.0 more points per game than the total of 135.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 2.4 fewer points per game (133.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 135.5 points.
- The Orange average point total in outings this year is 147.6, 12.1 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- The average point total for the Tigers this season is 8.5 points less than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 76.1 points per game the Orange record are 14.5 more points than the Tigers give up (61.6).
- When Syracuse puts up more than 61.6 points, it is 14-5 overall and 8-0 against the spread.
- In games when Clemson allows more than 76.1 points, it is 0-4 against the spread and 0-4 overall.
- The Tigers’ 65.4 points per game are 6.1 fewer points than the 71.5 the Orange give up to opponents.
- When it scores more than 71.5 points, Clemson is 3-0-1 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
- Syracuse is 4-11 against the spread and 8-7 overall when it allows more than 65.4 points.
- The Orange have out-scored their opponents by a total of 100 points this season (4.6 points per game on average), and the Tigers have put up 74 more points than their opponents on the year (3.8 per game).
Syracuse Betting Information
- The Orange have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting an 8-13 record.
- The Orange have posted a losing record of 5-7 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or bigger.
- More often than not, Syracuse and its foes have united to reach the over, cashing in on 11 of 21 chances this season.
Clemson Betting Information
- The Tigers record against the spread is 9-9-1.
- When they play as at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Tigers have a record ATS of 2-4-1.
- In most of Tigers games this season, the teams have not hit the over (9 out of 19 games, 47.4%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/6/2021||Clemson||-3.5||135||-167||+138||Regular Season||78-61 CLEM|
|1/28/2020||Clemson||-2||134.5||-137||+112||Regular Season||71-70 CLEM|
|3/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||67-55 CLEM|
|1/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||61-53 SYRA|
- The Orange scoring leader is Boeheim, who averages 16.0 per contest to go with 2.3 rebounds and 2.7 assists.
- Quincy Guerrier leads Syracuse in rebounding, averaging 8.9 per game, while Joseph Girard III leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.3 in each contest.
- The Orange get the most three-point shooting production out of Boeheim, who knocks down 2.6 threes per game.
- The Syracuse steals leader is Kadary Richmond, who averages 2.0 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Alan Griffin, who compiles 1.7 rejections per contest.
- Aamir Simms paces the Tigers scoring, rebounding and assists leaderboards, averaging 13.6 points, 6.2 rebounds and 2.5 assists per game.
- Nick Honor makes more threes per game than any other member of the Tigers, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 1.9 per contest.
- The Tigers’ leader in steals is Honor with 1.4 per game, and Jonathan Baehre is their leader in blocks with 0.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED