The Georgetown Hoyas (3-7) are big, 10-point underdogs as they attempt to turn around a four-game losing streak when they visit the Syracuse Orange (6-2) on Saturday, January 9, 2021 at Carrier Dome. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The matchup’s point total is set at 146.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Syracuse (-10)||Over (146.5)||Syracuse 79 Georgetown 68|
- The Orange and their opponents have combined to record more than 146.5 points in 50% of their outings this year (four of eight opportunities).
- Georgetown and its opponents have combined to score more than 146.5 points in four of 10 opportunities (40%) this year.
- These two teams average a combined 152.5 points per game, 6.0 more points than the total of 146.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 5.6 less points per game (140.9) than this game’s total of 146.5 points.
- The average point total for Orange games this year is 1.5 more points than the total of 146.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Hoyas this season is 1.1 points lower than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Orange score 80.8 points per game, 7.1 more points than the 73.7 the Hoyas give up.
- Syracuse has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall when putting up more than 73.7 points.
- Georgetown has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall when allowing more than 80.8 points.
- The Hoyas put up just 4.5 more points per game (71.7) than the Orange allow (67.2).
- Georgetown has put together a 3-3 overall record and a 3-0 ATS record in games it scores more than 67.2 points.
- Syracuse’s record is 2-1 overall and 1-2 against the spread when it allows more than 71.7 points to its opponents.
- The Orange have out-scored their opponents by a total of 108 points this season (13.6 points per game on average), and opponents of the Hoyas have out-scored them by 20 more points on the year (two per game).
Syracuse Betting Information
- The Orange have struggled a bit against the spread this season, putting up a 3-4 record.
- The Orange have struggled to cover, going just 2-3 ATS when favored by at least 10 points.
- More often than not, Syracuse and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 4 of 7 chances this season.
Georgetown Betting Information
- The Hoyas have a 4-6 record against the spread, covering in just 40% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 10-point underdogs, the Hoyas have a record ATS of 1-2.
- In the majority of Georgetown’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (4 out of 10 games, 40%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/14/2019||Georgetown||-3||145.5||-157||+130||Regular Season||89-79 GEORGE|
|12/8/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-71 SYRA|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Orange is Quincy Guerrier, who accumulates 16.1 points and 9.3 rebounds per game.
- Joseph Girard III leads the Orange in assists, averaging 4.1 per game while also scoring 10.8 points per contest.
- Alan Griffin leads the Orange in three-point shooting, making an average of 2.6 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Kadary Richmond is the Orange leader in steals and blocks, racking up 2.5 steals and 1.0 block per game.
- Jahvon Blair is the top scorer for the Hoyas with 18.2 points per game. He also adds 4.6 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game to his scoring output.
- Qudus Wahab is atop the Hoyas rebounding leaderboard with 8.8 rebounds per game, and Jalen Harris paces the team in assists with 5.2 per contest.
- Blair leads the Hoyas in three-point shooting with an average of 2.8 made threes per game.
- The Hoyas’ leader in steals is Don Carey with 0.9 per game, and Wahab is their leader in blocks with 2.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found