Alan Griffin leads the Syracuse Orange (7-4) into a matchup with the Miami (FL) Hurricanes (6-6) after scoring 28 points in a 96-76 loss to Pittsburgh. The Orange are 5.5-point favorites in the matchup on Tuesday, January 19, 2021, which tips off at 7:00 PM ET on ACCN. The matchup’s point total is set at 143.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Syracuse (-5.5)||Under (143)||Syracuse 75 Miami (FL) 68|
- The Orange and their opponents have combined to record more than 143 points in 63.6% of their outings this year (seven of 11 opportunities).
- In three of 12 opportunities (25%) this season, Miami (FL) and its opponents have combined to score at least 143 points.
- The Orange and the Hurricanes combine to average 4.4 more points per game than the over/under of 143 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 138.1 points per game, 4.9 fewer than the point total in this game.
- The Orange average point total in matchups this year is 150.5, 7.5 points higher than the total in this game.
- Hurricanes games this year have averaged an over/under of 135 points, eight fewer than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Orange score 12.4 more points per game (79.2) than the Hurricanes give up (66.8).
- Syracuse has a 3-0 record against the spread and a 6-3 record overall when scoring more than 66.8 points.
- Miami (FL) is 1-1 against the spread and 0-2 overall when giving up more than 79.2 points.
- The Hurricanes average only 3.1 fewer points than the Orange allow (71.3).
- Miami (FL) has gone 4-1 overall and 2-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 71.3 points.
- Syracuse’s record is 3-3 overall and 1-5 against the spread when it allows more than 68.2 points to its opponents.
- The Orange have totaled 87 more points than their opponents this season (7.9 per game on average), and the Hurricanes have scored only 18 more points than their opponents (1.4 per game).
Syracuse Betting Information
- Syracuse has covered in just three of 10 matchups this season.
- When favored by at least 5.5 points, the Orange have struggled to a 2-4 record ATS this season.
- In 6 of 10 (60%) contests this season, Syracuse and its opponents have hit the total.
Miami (FL) Betting Information
- Miami (FL) has covered the spread in greater than half of its contests, going 6-5 ATS.
- When they are at least 5.5-point underdogs, the Hurricanes have not fared well, going 0-3 against the spread.
- In most of Miami (FL)’s games this season, the teams have not hit the over (5 out of 11 games, 45.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/7/2020||Syracuse||-1||147.5||-117||-106||Regular Season||69-65 MIA|
|1/24/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-53 SYRA|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Orange is Quincy Guerrier, who averages 16.5 points and 9.6 rebounds per game.
- Syracuse’s best passer is Joseph Girard III, who averages 4.2 assists per game to go with his 10.2 PPG scoring average.
- Griffin hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Orange, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 2.5 per game.
- Kadary Richmond is the Orange leader in steals, averaging 1.9 steals per game, while Guerrier leads them in blocks with 1.3 per contest.
Miami (FL) Leaders
- Isaiah Wong is the top scorer for the Hurricanes with 17.6 points per game. He also tacks on 6.0 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game to his scoring output.
- The Hurricanes’ leader in rebounds is Nysier Brooks with 6.7 per matchup, and their leader in assists is Harlond Beverly with 3.5 per game.
- Matt Cross is reliable from three-point range and leads the Hurricanes with 1.7 made threes per game.
- Earl Timberlake (1.7 steals per game) is the steal leader for Miami (FL) while Brooks (0.9 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends