The Iowa State Cyclones (2-11) are 6-point underdogs as they look to turn around a seven-game losing streak when they visit the TCU Horned Frogs (10-7) on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at Ed and Rae Schollmaier Arena. The matchup airs at 9:00 PM ET on ESPNU. The matchup’s over/under is set at 142.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|TCU (-6)||Under (142.5)||TCU 76 Iowa State 67|
- In seven of 17 opportunities (41.2%) this season, the Horned Frogs and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 142.5 points.
- In seven of 13 outings (53.8%) this year, Iowa State and its opponents have combined to score more than 142.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 5.8 fewer points per game (136.7) than this game’s over/under of 142.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 148.1 points per game, 5.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
- The average point total for Horned Frogs games this year is 2.3 fewer points than the over/under of 142.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Cyclones this season is 2.1 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Horned Frogs average 7.9 fewer points per game (69.3) than the Cyclones give up (77.2).
- TCU is 2-2 overall and 3-0 against the spread when scoring more than 77.2 points.
- Iowa State is 0-11 overall and 5-6 against the spread when giving up more than 69.3 points.
- The Cyclones score an average of 67.4 points per game, just 3.5 fewer points than the 70.9 the Horned Frogs allow to opponents.
- When it scores more than 70.9 points, Iowa State is 3-0 against the spread and 1-4 overall.
- TCU has an ATS record of 4-4 and a 4-5 record overall when its opponents score more than 67.4 points.
- The Horned Frogs have been out-scored by 28 points this season (1.6 points per game on average), and opponents of the Cyclones have out-scored them by 128 more points on the year (9.8 per game).
TCU Betting Information
- The Horned Frogs have gone 8-8 against the spread this season.
- When favored by at least 6 points, the Horned Frogs have struggled to a 0-3 record ATS this season.
- TCU and its opponents have combined to cover the total in 8 of 16 games this year (50%).
Iowa State Betting Information
- Iowa State has a losing record against the spread, going 5-8 ATS (covering just 38.5% of the time).
- The Cyclones have not fared well as a 6-point underdog, going 0-3 against the spread when they are at least 6-point underdogs.
- Iowa State has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 61.5% of matchups this season (8 out of 13 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/25/2020||Iowa State||-2.5||133.5||-147||+120||Regular Season||65-59 IAST|
|1/4/2020||TCU||-3.5||144.5||-175||+140||Regular Season||81-79 TCU|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-72 TCU|
|2/9/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-83 TCU|
- RJ Nembhard leads the Horned Frogs in points and assists per game, scoring 16.9 points and distributing 4.1 assists.
- Kevin Samuel leads the Horned Frogs in rebounding, pulling down 8.6 rebounds per game while also scoring 9.4 points a contest.
- Mike Miles makes more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Horned Frogs, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 1.9 per contest.
- The TCU leader in both steals and blocks is Samuel, who averages 1.2 takeaways and 1.9 rejections per game.
Iowa State Leaders
- Rasir Bolton racks up 15.8 points and adds 4.5 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Cyclones’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Iowa State’s Solomon Young stats (5.2 rebounds per game, 12.3 points per game, 0.7 assists per game) earned him the top spot on the team rebound leaderboard.
- Jalen Coleman-Lands hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Cyclones, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 2.3 per game.
- Bolton (1.8 steals per game) is the steal leader for Iowa State while Javan Johnson (0.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends