The No. 9 seed Temple Owls (5-10) are 2-point favorites to win and move closer to a guaranteed berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket against the No. 8 seed South Florida Bulls (8-12) in the AAC Tournament Thursday at Dickies Arena, starting at 12:00 PM ET on ESPNU.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Temple (-2)||Over (132.5)||Temple 69 South Florida 65|
- The Owls and their opponents have scored at least 132.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in eight of 15 outings (53.3%) this year.
- In 12 of 20 outings (60%) this season, South Florida has combined with its opponents to score at least 132.5 points.
- The Owls and the Bulls combine to average 1.6 less points per game than the total of 132.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 140.1 points per game, 7.6 more than the point total for this matchup.
- The average point total for Owls games this season is 1.5 more points than the over/under of 132.5 in this matchup.
- The average point total for the Bulls this season is 4.5 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 65.5 points per game the Owls put up are 6.1 fewer points than the Bulls give up (71.6).
- Temple is 2-1 overall and 2-0 against the spread when scoring more than 71.6 points.
- South Florida has a 2-8 record against the spread and a 3-8 record overall when giving up more than 65.5 points.
- The Bulls’ 65.4 points per game are only 3.1 fewer points than the 68.5 the Owls allow to opponents.
- In games when it scores more than 68.5 points, South Florida is 3-0 against the spread and 6-1 overall.
- Temple is 4-5-1 against the spread and 1-9 overall when it allows its opponents to put up more than 65.4 points.
- The Owls have been out-scored by 46 points this season (three points per game on average), and opponents of the Bulls have out-scored them by 123 more points on the year (6.2 per game).
Temple Betting Information
- Strong against the spread this season, the Owls have covered eight times in 15 contests.
- When favored by at least 2 points, the Owls have struggled to a 1-2 record ATS this season.
- Temple and its opponents have reached the over/under in just 7 of 15 games this season (46.7%).
South Florida Betting Information
- The Bulls have a 5-13 record against the spread, covering in just 27.8% of their matchups.
- When they are at least 2-point underdogs, the Bulls have not fared well, going 0-4 against the spread.
- In most of Bulls games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (11 out of 18 games, 61.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/24/2021||South Florida||-5||134.5||-225||+180||Regular Season||65-47 TEMPLE|
|2/21/2021||South Florida||-1.5||132.5||-125||+103||Regular Season||83-76 USF|
|3/1/2020||Temple||-4||128||-188||+150||Regular Season||64-58 USF|
|2/16/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||70-69 TEMPLE|
|1/12/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-80 TEMPLE|
- The scoring leader for the Owls this season is Khalif Battle, who averages 14.7 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game.
- Temple’s leading rebounder is Jake Forrester averaging 6.1 boards per game and its best passer is Jeremiah Williams and his 4.3 assists per game.
- Battle leads the Owls in three-point shooting with an average of 2.1 threes per game.
- Williams is the Owls leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Nick Jourdain leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
South Florida Leaders
- David Collins racks up 12.2 points and adds 3.5 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Bulls’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- Michael Durr grabs 7.4 rebounds per game (he also scores 8.4 points per game and adds 0.4 assists per game) which puts him at the top of the South Florida rebounding leaderboard.
- Justin Brown hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Bulls, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 1.7 per outing.
- South Florida’s leader in steals is Collins with 1.4 per game, and its leader in blocks is Durr with 0.8 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED