The Tulane Green Wave (6-5) will look to end a three-game losing streak when they visit the Temple Owls (4-4) on Sunday, January 31, 2021 at Liacouras Center as 7-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 12:00 PM ET on ESPN+. The matchup’s over/under is 131.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Temple (-7)||Under (131)||Temple 69 Tulane 61|
- In 50% of their opportunities this year (four of eight chances), the Owls and their opponents have combined to record more than this matchup’s over/under of 131 points.
- In four of 11 opportunities (36.4%) this season, Tulane and its opponents have combined to score more than 131 points.
- These two teams average a combined 127.6 points per game, 3.4 less points than the total of 131 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.7 more points per game (131.7) than this game’s total of 131 points.
- The Owls average point total in matchups this year is 132, one point higher than the total in this game.
- The average total in Green Wave games this season is 3.7 fewer points than the point total of 131 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 64.4 points the Owls average per game are only 0.3 more points than the Green Wave give up (64.1).
- When Temple totals more than 64.1 points, it is 4-0-1 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- Tulane has put together a 3-4 record against the spread and a 2-5 record overall in games when it gives up more than 64.4 points.
- The Green Wave’s 63.2 points per game are just 4.4 fewer points than the 67.6 the Owls give up to opponents.
- In games when it scores more than 67.6 points, Tulane is 3-0 against the spread and 2-1 overall.
- Temple has an ATS record of 2-2-1 and a 1-4 record overall when its opponents score more than 63.2 points.
- The Owls have a -26-point scoring differential on the season (-3.2 per game). The Green Wave have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-10 total points, -0.9 per game).
Temple Betting Information
- The Owls have been strong against the spread this season, earning a 5-2-1 record.
- The Owls fare well when favored by at least 7 points, posting a 1-0 record against the spread.
- The Owls have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 3 of 8 contests this season, a rate of 37.5%
Tulane Betting Information
- The Green Wave have a 5-6 record against the spread, covering in just 45.5% of their matchups.
- The Green Wave have not fared well as a 7-point underdog, going 1-2 against the spread when they are at least 7-point underdogs.
- Tulane and its opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this year — 3 of 11 (27.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/16/2021||Temple||-1||131.5||-115||-105||Regular Season||65-57 TEMPLE|
|2/12/2020||Temple||-3||137.5||-160||+130||Regular Season||72-68 TEMPLE|
|1/11/2020||Temple||-9||139.5||-500||+370||Regular Season||65-51 TULANE|
|3/3/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-69 TEMPLE|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-67 TEMPLE|
- The scoring leader for the Owls this season is Damian Dunn, who averages 13.8 points, 4.5 rebounds, and 2.3 assists per game.
- J.P. Moorman II leads Temple in rebounding, averaging 7.0 per game, while Jeremiah Williams leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.6 in each contest.
- Brendan Barry leads the Owls in three-point shooting with an average of 2.4 made threes per game.
- Williams is the Owls leader in steals, averaging 1.3 steals per game, while Nick Jourdain leads them in blocks with 0.8 per contest.
- Jaylen Forbes is at the top of the Green Wave scoring leaderboard with 14.8 points per game. He also collects 4.5 rebounds and racks up 0.9 assists per game.
- Tulane’s leader in rebounds is Kevin Cross with 4.6 per game, and its leader in assists is Jordan Walker with 3.5 per game.
- Forbes makes 2.5 three-pointers per game, the most on the Green Wave.
- Walker (1.6 steals per game) and Cross (0.9 blocks per game) pace the Green Wave in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED