The Tennessee State Tigers (1-3) are at home in OVC action against the UT Martin Skyhawks (3-2) on Thursday, January 7, 2021 at 9:00 PM ET. The Tigers are favored by 6 points in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under of 143 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UT Martin (+6)||Over (143)||Tennessee State 75 UT Martin 71|
- In three of four games (75%) this season, the Tigers and their opponents have put up at least this matchup’s over/under of 143 points.
- UT Martin and its opponents have added up to score more than 143 points in 60% of their games this season (three of five chances).
- These two teams average a combined 143.4 points per game, 0.4 more points than the total of 143 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 10.2 more points per game (153.2) than this game’s total of 143 points.
- The Tigers average point total in matchups this season is 147, four points higher than the total in this game.
- Skyhawks games this year have averaged a total of 149.6 points, 6.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
Tennessee State Betting Information
- Tennessee State has struggled against the spread, going 0-3 on the year.
- The Tigers have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 1 of 3 contests this season, a rate of 33.3%
UT Martin Betting Information
- UT Martin has covered the spread in half of its games, going 2-2 ATS.
- In the majority of Skyhawks games this year, the teams have not hit the over (1 out of 4 games, 25%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/9/2020||Tennessee State||-2.5||154||-144||+118||Regular Season||87-74 TMRT|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||91-86 TMRT|
|1/31/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||68-67 TNST|
Tennessee State Leaders
- Mark Freeman leads the Tigers in points and assists per game, scoring 14.7 points and distributing 4.0 assists.
- Shakem Johnson is the Tigers best rebounder, grabbing an average of 5.6 boards in each contest while scoring 8.0 points per game.
- Marcus Fitzgerald Jr. connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Tigers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.0 per contest.
- The Tennessee State steals leader is Freeman, who averages 1.9 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Yusuf Mohamed, who compiles 0.5 rejections per contest.
UT Martin Leaders
- Cameron Holden sits on top of the Skyhawks leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 16.9 points and 7.3 rebounds per game.
- Kenton Eskridge’s assist statline leads UT Martin; he racks up 4.0 assists per game.
- Eden Holt leads the Skyhawks in three-point shooting with an average of 1.6 made threes per game.
- Holt (1.6 steals per game) is the steal leader for UT Martin while Eric Rustin (1.4 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found