The No. 15 Kansas Jayhawks (11-5) are just 2.5-point underdogs as they try to stop a three-game road losing streak when they visit the No. 18 Tennessee Volunteers (11-3) on Saturday, January 30, 2021 at Thompson-Boling Arena. The game airs at 6:00 PM ET on ESPN. The point total in the matchup is set at 130.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Tennessee (-2.5)||Over (130)||Tennessee 70 Kansas 67|
- The Volunteers and their opponents have put up at least 130 points — this matchup’s over/under — in seven of 14 opportunities (50%) this year.
- In 11 of 16 opportunities (68.8%) this year, Kansas has combined with its opponents to score more than 130 points.
- The two teams average a combined 17 more points per game (147) than this matchup’s over/under of 130 points.
- The Volunteers and the Jayhawks have seen their opponents average a combined 3.2 fewer points per game than the over/under of 130 set for this outing.
- The Volunteers average point total in matchups this season is 132, two points higher than the total in this game.
- Jayhawks games this year have averaged an over/under of 141.8 points, 11.8 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 72.7 points per game the Volunteers average are 5.2 more points than the Jayhawks allow (67.5).
- When Tennessee totals more than 67.5 points, it is 6-0 against the spread and 8-0 overall.
- Kansas has put together a 1-4 record against the spread and a 0-5 record overall when allowing more than 72.7 points.
- The Jayhawks score 15 more points per game (74.3) than the Volunteers give up (59.3).
- Kansas has put together a 5-0 ATS record and a 9-4 overall record in games it scores more than 59.3 points.
- Tennessee’s record is 0-1 against the spread and 0-1 overall when it allows more than 74.3 points.
- The Volunteers have totaled 188 more points than their opponents this season (13.4 per game on average), and the Jayhawks have scored 109 more points than their opponents (6.8 per game).
Tennessee Betting Information
- Tennessee is strong against the spread, going 8-6 on the season.
- The Volunteers have posted a winning record of 8-6 against the spread when the spread is -2.5 or higher.
- The Volunteers have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 5 of 14 games (35.7%).
Kansas Betting Information
- Kansas has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its games, going 6-9 ATS.
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Jayhawks have a record ATS of 3-7.
- The Jayhawks and their opponents have hit the over in half of their games this year — 7 of 15.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||74-68 KANSAS|
|11/23/2018||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-81 TENN|
- The Volunteers leader in points and rebounds is John Fulkerson, who scores 11.2 points and pulls down 6.0 rebounds per game.
- Santiago Vescovi leads the Volunteers in assists, averaging 3.3 per game while also scoring 9.2 points per contest.
- Vescovi hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Volunteers, knocking down shots from deep at a rate of 2.1 per contest.
- Josiah-Jordan James is the Volunteers leader in steals, averaging 1.5 steals per game, while Yves Pons leads them in blocks with 1.9 per contest.
- Ochai Agbaji is at the top of the Jayhawks scoring leaderboard with 14.4 points per game. He also grabs 4.3 rebounds and dishes out 2.1 assists per game.
- Jalen Wilson has a stat line of 6.9 rebounds, 12.3 points and 1.9 assists per game for Kansas to take the top rebound spot on the team. Marcus Garrett holds the top spot for assists with 3.6 per game, adding 9.9 points and 5.0 rebounds per matchup.
- Agbaji leads the Jayhawks in three-point shooting with an average of 2.7 made threes per game.
- Garrett (1.5 steals per game) and David McCormack (1.1 blocks per game) pace the Jayhawks in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED