Yves Pons leads the No. 18 Tennessee Volunteers (10-3) into a matchup with the Mississippi State Bulldogs (9-7) after putting up 20 points in a 73-64 loss to Missouri. The Bulldogs are 9.5-point underdogs in the game on Tuesday, January 26, 2021, which starts at 7:00 PM ET on SECN. The matchup’s point total is 130.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Tennessee (-9.5)||Over (130)||Tennessee 74 Mississippi State 62|
- The Volunteers and their opponents have combined to score more than 130 points in 53.8% of their games this year (seven of 13 opportunities).
- Mississippi State and its opponents have combined to score more than 130 points in 12 of 16 outings (75%) this season.
- The Volunteers and the Bulldogs combine to average 15.8 more points per game than the total of 130 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.1 fewer points per game (126.9) than this game’s total of 130 points.
- The average point total for Volunteers games this season is 3.8 more points than the total of 130 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Bulldogs games this year is 8.8 more points than the point total of 130 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Volunteers average 74 points per game, 6.9 more points than the 67.1 the Bulldogs give up.
- Tennessee has an 8-0 record overall and a 6-0 record against the spread when scoring more than 67.1 points.
- Mississippi State has compiled a 1-4 record against the spread and a 1-4 record overall in games when it allows more than 74 points.
- The Bulldogs put up 12 more points per game (71.8) than the Volunteers allow (59.8).
- When it scores more than 59.8 points, Mississippi State is 7-0 against the spread and 9-4 overall.
- Tennessee’s record is 0-3 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it allows more than 71.8 points.
- The Volunteers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 185 points this season (14.2 points per game on average), and the Bulldogs have put up 75 more points than their opponents on the year (4.7 per game).
Tennessee Betting Information
- Tennessee is strong against the spread, going 8-5 this season.
- The Volunteers have posted a winning record of 5-3 against the spread when the spread is -9.5 or bigger.
- Tennessee has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 5 times in 13 contests (38.5%).
Mississippi State Betting Information
- The Bulldogs have a losing record against the spread, going 7-8 ATS (covering only 46.7% of the time).
- When they are at least 9.5-point underdogs, the Bulldogs have a record ATS of 2-1.
- In the majority of Bulldogs games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (9 out of 15 games, 60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-73 MSSTATE|
|3/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||71-54 TENN|
- The scoring and rebounding leader for the Volunteers is John Fulkerson, who accumulates 11.8 points and 6.2 rebounds per game.
- Santiago Vescovi leads Tennessee in assists, averaging 3.4 per game while also scoring 9.3 points per contest.
- Vescovi paces his teammates on the Volunteers with 2.1 made threes per outing.
- Josiah-Jordan James and Pons lead Tennessee on the defensive end, with James leading the team in steals averaging 1.5 per game and Pons in blocks averaging 2.0 per contest.
Mississippi State Leaders
- D.J. Stewart is at the top of the Bulldogs scoring leaderboard with 18.0 points per game. He also grabs 3.6 rebounds and racks up 2.4 assists per game.
- Tolu Smith is at the top of the Bulldogs rebounding leaderboard with 8.8 rebounds per game, and Iverson Molinar paces the squad in assists with 3.2 per outing.
- Stewart’s 1.6 made threes per game lead the Bulldogs.
- The Bulldogs’ leader in steals is Molinar with 1.4 per game, and Abdul Ado is their leader in blocks with 1.9 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Missouri State Bears vs. Evansville Purple Aces: 2/26/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Penn State Nittany Lions vs. Purdue Boilermakers: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Indiana State Sycamores vs. Valparaiso Crusaders: 2/26/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Montana State Bobcats vs. Idaho Vandals: 2/26/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Drake Bulldogs vs. Bradley Braves 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends