The South Carolina Gamecocks (5-9) will try to end a three-game losing streak when they visit the No. 19 Tennessee Volunteers (14-5) on Wednesday, February 17, 2021 at Thompson-Boling Arena as big, 11.5-point underdogs. The game airs at 9:00 PM ET on SECN. The matchup’s over/under is set at 144.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Tennessee (-11.5)||Under (144)||Tennessee 77 South Carolina 65|
- The Volunteers and their opponents have put up more than 144 points in 26.3% of their outings this season (five of 19 opportunities).
- South Carolina and its opponents have combined to score more than 144 points in eight of 14 outings (57.1%) this season.
- The two teams average a combined 2.9 more points per game (146.9) than this game’s total of 144 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined six less points per game (138) than this game’s total of 144 points.
- The average point total in Volunteers games this season is 9.4 fewer points than the over/under of 144 in this matchup.
- The average over/under in Gamecocks games this year is 6.4 more points than the point total of 144 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Volunteers score 72.8 points per contest, only 3.5 fewer points than the 76.3 the Gamecocks allow their opponents.
- When Tennessee totals more than 76.3 points, it is 6-0 against the spread and 9-0 overall.
- South Carolina is 2-7 against the spread and 0-9 overall when allowing more than 72.8 points.
- The Gamecocks score 12.4 more points per game (74.1) than the Volunteers allow their opponents to score (61.7).
- South Carolina has gone 5-8 overall and 6-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 61.7 points.
- Tennessee’s record is 0-3 against the spread and 1-2 overall when it gives up more than 74.1 points.
- The Volunteers have totaled 211 more points than their opponents this season (11.1 per game on average), while the Gamecocks have been out-scored by 31 total points (2.2 per game average differential).
Tennessee Betting Information
- Tennessee has been strong against the spread, going 10-9 this season.
- When favored by at least 11.5 points, the Volunteers have fared well against the spread, compiling a 4-2 record.
- The Volunteers have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 8 of 19 contests this season, a rate of 42.1%
South Carolina Betting Information
- South Carolina has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 6-8 ATS.
- When they are at least 11.5-point underdogs, the Gamecocks have not fared well, going 0-1 against the spread.
- In most of Gamecocks games this season, the teams have combined to hit the over (9 out of 14 games, 64.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||South Carolina||-4||136||-191||+152||Regular Season||63-61 SC|
|1/11/2020||Tennessee||-7||132||-335||+255||Regular Season||56-55 TENN|
|2/13/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-73 TENN|
|1/29/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-70 TENN|
- The scoring leader for the Volunteers this season is Jaden Springer, who averages 12.2 points, 3.5 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game.
- Josiah-Jordan James leads the Volunteers in rebounding, averaging 6.0 per game, while Santiago Vescovi leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 3.2 in each contest.
- Vescovi provides the most three-point shooting production for the Volunteers. He makes 2.0 threes per game.
- James is the Volunteers leader in steals, averaging 1.4 steals per game, while Yves Pons leads them in blocks with 1.6 per contest.
South Carolina Leaders
- A.J. Lawson racks up 17.9 points per game to be the top scorer for the Gamecocks.
- The Gamecocks’ leader in rebounds is Justin Minaya with 6.9 per matchup, and their leader in assists is Jermaine Couisnard with 3.6 per game.
- Lawson is the top scorer from distance for the Gamecocks, hitting 3.0 threes per game.
- South Carolina’s leader in steals is Lawson with 1.6 per game, and its leader in blocks is Jalyn McCreary with 1.3 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED