A game after he scored 24 points in an 82-78 loss to Alabama, Scotty Pippen Jr leads the Vanderbilt Commodores (6-12) at home against the No. 25 Tennessee Volunteers (15-6) as 6.5-point underdogs. The matchup, which tips off at 9:00 PM ET on Wednesday, February 24, 2021, airs on SECN. The matchup’s over/under is 140.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Tennessee (-6.5)||Over (140.5)||Tennessee 75 Vanderbilt 67|
- The Volunteers and their opponents have totaled at least 140.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in nine of 21 outings (42.9%) this year.
- In 14 of 18 outings (77.8%) this season, Vanderbilt has combined with its opponents to score more than 140.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 6.2 more points per game (146.7) than this matchup’s over/under of 140.5 points.
- The Volunteers and the Commodores have seen their opponents average a combined 4.0 less points per game than the over/under of 140.5 set in this outing.
- The average over/under the Volunteers have had set in matchups this season is 4.9 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under in Commodores games this season is 7.1 more points than the point total of 140.5 for this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Volunteers score just 0.8 fewer points per game (73) than the Commodores give up (73.8).
- Tennessee is 7-0 against the spread and 10-0 overall when scoring more than 73.8 points.
- When Vanderbilt gives up more than 73 points, it is 7-5-1 against the spread and 1-12 overall.
- The Commodores put up 11 more points per game (73.7) than the Volunteers allow (62.7).
- Vanderbilt has compiled a 5-11 overall record and a 10-0-2 ATS record in games it scores more than 62.7 points.
- Tennessee has an ATS record of 0-4 and a 2-2 record overall when its opponents score more than 73.7 points.
- The Volunteers have put up a total of 216 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 10.3 per game), while the Commodores have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by two total points, -0.1 per game).
Tennessee Betting Information
- Against the spread, Tennessee has been strong this season, posting an 11-10 record.
- The Volunteers have posted a losing record of 7-8 against the spread when the spread is -6.5 or higher.
- The Volunteers have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 9 of 21 games (42.9%).
Vanderbilt Betting Information
- Vanderbilt has covered the spread in more than half of its games, going 10-6-2 ATS.
- When they play as at least 6.5-point underdogs, the Commodores have a record ATS of 2-1.
- Vanderbilt and its opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 11 of 18 (61.1%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/16/2021||Tennessee||-18||137||-3335||+1200||Regular Season||81-61 TENN|
|2/18/2020||Tennessee||-13||135.5||-1130||+681||Regular Season||65-61 TENN|
|1/18/2020||Tennessee||-5||136.5||-227||+179||Regular Season||66-45 TENN|
|2/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||58-46 TENN|
|1/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-83 TENN|
- Jaden Springer leads the Volunteers in scoring, tallying 12.0 points per game to go with 3.5 rebounds and 2.8 assists.
- Josiah-Jordan James is the Volunteers leading rebounder, grabbing 6.0 per game, while Santiago Vescovi is their best passer, distributing 3.3 assists in each contest.
- Vescovi connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Volunteers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.9 per outing.
- James and Yves Pons lead Tennessee on the defensive end, with James leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Pons in blocks averaging 1.7 per contest.
- Scotty Pippen Jr. collects 20.5 points and tacks on 5.2 assists per game, putting him at the top of the Commodores’ leaderboards in those statistics.
- The Commodores’ top rebounder is Dylan Disu — he pulls down 9.2 per game while scoring 15.0 points per game.
- Pippen connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Commodores, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 1.9 per game.
- Pippen (1.7 steals per game) and Disu (1.2 blocks per game) pace the Commodores in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED