The Vanderbilt Commodores (4-5) are heavy, 12.5-point underdogs as they look to turn around a three-game losing streak when they host the No. 10 Tennessee Volunteers (9-1) on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at Memorial Gymnasium (Vandy). The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The matchup’s over/under is set at 137.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Tennessee (-12.5)||Over (137.5)||Tennessee 77 Vanderbilt 63|
- The Volunteers and their opponents have scored no less than 137.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in four of 10 opportunities (40%) this season.
- Vanderbilt has combined with its opponents to score at least 137.5 points in seven of nine games (77.8%) this season.
- These two teams average a combined 150.8 points per game, 13.3 more points than the total of 137.5 set for this game.
- Opponents of these two teams have averaged a combined 127.5 points per game, 10.0 fewer than the over/under for this game.
- The average over/under the Volunteers have had set in matchups this season is 3.9 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- Commodores games this season have averaged an over/under of 144.7 points, 7.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Volunteers score 76.8 points per game, 6.1 more points than the 70.7 the Commodores allow.
- When Tennessee scores more than 70.7 points, it is 4-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall.
- When Vanderbilt allows more than 76.8 points, it is 2-3 against the spread and 0-5 overall.
- The Commodores score 17.2 more points per game (74) than the Volunteers give up (56.8).
- Vanderbilt is 4-5 overall and 4-0-1 against the spread in games it scores more than 56.8 points.
- Tennessee has a 1-0 record overall and an ATS record of 0-1 in games when its opponents score more than 74 points.
- The Volunteers have put up a total of 200 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 20 per game), and the Commodores have out-scored opponents by 30 points on the season (3.3 more per game).
Tennessee Betting Information
- Against the spread, Tennessee has been strong this season, posting a 7-3 record.
- The Volunteers fare well when favored by at least 12.5 points, posting a 3-1 record against the spread.
- The Volunteers have combined with their opponents to go over the total in 3 of 10 contests this season, a rate of 30%
Vanderbilt Betting Information
- Vanderbilt has covered the spread in half of its outings, going 4-4-1 ATS.
- The Commodores have fared well as a 12.5-point underdog, going 2-1 against the spread when they are at least 12.5-point underdogs.
- The Commodores and their opponents have hit the over in more than half of their matchups this season — 5 of 9 (55.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/18/2020||Tennessee||-13||135.5||-1130||+681||Regular Season||65-61 TENN|
|1/18/2020||Tennessee||-5||136.5||-227||+179||Regular Season||66-45 TENN|
|2/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||58-46 TENN|
|1/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||88-83 TENN|
- Victor Bailey Jr. leads the Volunteers in scoring, tallying 12.4 points per game to go with 2.3 rebounds and 1.3 assists.
- John Fulkerson is Tennessee’s leading rebounder, grabbing 6.2 per game, while Santiago Vescovi is its best passer, distributing 3.6 assists in each contest.
- Vescovi leads his teammates on the Volunteers with 2.4 made threes per contest.
- Josiah-Jordan James is the Volunteers leader in steals, averaging 1.9 steals per game, while Yves Pons leads them in blocks with 2.2 per contest.
- The Commodores’ Scotty Pippen Jr. racks up enough points (21.6 per game) and assists (5.8 per game) to top the team’s leaderboards.
- Dylan Disu’s stat line of 8.8 rebounds, 12.7 points and 1.3 assists per game helps him grab the top spot on the Vanderbilt rebounding leaderboard.
- Myles Stute is reliable from three-point range and leads the Commodores with 2.6 made threes per game.
- The Commodores’ leader in steals is Pippen with 1.6 per game, and Disu is their leader in blocks with 1.1 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found