The Iowa State Cyclones (2-18) are expected to continue a 14-game losing streak when they host the No. 15 Texas Longhorns (14-7) as 11-point underdogs at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at Hilton Coliseum. The game airs on ESPN+. The point total for the matchup is set at 142.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Iowa State (+11)||Over (142.5)||Texas 77 Iowa State 66|
- The Longhorns and their opponents have combined to score more than 142.5 points in 57.1% of their outings this season (12 of 21 opportunities).
- In 11 of 20 opportunities (55%) this year, Iowa State and its opponents have combined to score at least 142.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 1.4 less points per game (141.1) than this game’s over/under of 142.5 points.
- The Longhorns and the Cyclones have seen their opponents average a combined 2.9 more points per game than the over/under of 142.5 set for this game.
- The Longhorns average point total in matchups this season is 143.5, 1.0 point higher than the total in this game.
- Cyclones games this year have averaged an over/under of 143.1 points, 0.6 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Longhorns put up just 1.9 fewer points per game (74.9) than the Cyclones allow (76.8).
- Texas is 8-3 overall and 2-0 against the spread when scoring more than 76.8 points.
- Iowa State is 6-6 against the spread and 0-12 overall when allowing more than 74.9 points.
- The Cyclones’ 66.2 points per game are just 2.4 fewer points than the 68.6 the Longhorns allow to opponents.
- Iowa State is 1-7 overall and 5-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 68.6 points.
- Texas has an 8-7 record overall and an ATS record of 2-13 in games when its opponents put up more than 66.2 points.
- The Longhorns have put up a total of 131 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 6.3 per game), while the Cyclones have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 213 total points, -10.6 per game).
Texas Betting Information
- Texas has covered in just seven of 21 matchups this season.
- The Longhorns have struggled to cover, going just 3-4 ATS when favored by at least 11 points.
- The Longhorns have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 8 times in 21 games this season.
Iowa State Betting Information
- The Cyclones have an 8-12 record against the spread, covering in just 40% of their contests.
- The Cyclones have not fared well as an 11-point underdog, going 0-2 against the spread when they are at least 11-point underdogs.
- Iowa State has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 60% of matchups this year (12 out of 20 opportunities).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/5/2021||Texas||-12.5||140||-993||+625||Regular Season||78-72 UT|
|2/15/2020||Iowa State||-1||137||-117||-107||Regular Season||81-52 IAST|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-68 UT|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-69 UT|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-60 IAST|
- Andrew Jones leads the Longhorns in scoring, tallying 15.1 points per game to go with 5.1 rebounds and 2.0 assists.
- Greg Brown III leads Texas in rebounding, averaging 7.1 per game, while Matt Coleman III leads the team in assists, distributing an average of 4.3 in each contest.
- Courtney Ramey leads the Longhorns in three-point shooting, knocking down an average of 2.0 shots per game from beyond the arc.
- Coleman and Brown lead the Longhorns on the defensive end, with Coleman leading the team in steals averaging 1.2 per game and Brown in blocks averaging 1.1 per contest.
Iowa State Leaders
- Rasir Bolton leads the Cyclones scoring, rebounding and assists leaderboards, collecting 15.4 points, 4.9 rebounds and 3.9 assists per game.
- Jalen Coleman-Lands is the top scorer from deep for the Cyclones, hitting 2.3 threes per game.
- Iowa State’s leader in steals is Tre Jackson (1.4 per game), and its leader in blocks is Javan Johnson (1.1 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED