The No. 4 Texas Longhorns (8-1) are heavily favored (-12.5) to build on a four-game winning streak when they host the Iowa State Cyclones (2-5) at 8:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at Frank Erwin Center. The game airs on LHN. The matchup’s point total is set at 139.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Texas (-12.5)||Under (139.5)||Texas 78 Iowa State 61|
- In eight of nine opportunities (88.9%) this season, the Longhorns and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- Iowa State and its opponents have combined to score more than 139.5 points in 42.9% of their games this year (three of seven opportunities).
- The two teams average a combined 4.9 more points per game (144.4) than this matchup’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 134.1 points per game, 5.4 fewer than the point total for this game.
- The average total the Longhorns have had set in matchups this year is 1.6 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Cyclones this year is 1.1 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Longhorns score 75.8 points per contest, only 3.8 more points than the 72 the Cyclones give up to opponents.
- Texas is 3-0 against the spread and 6-0 overall when scoring more than 72 points.
- Iowa State has put together a 1-1 record against the spread and a 0-2 record overall in games when it gives up more than 75.8 points.
- The Cyclones’ 68.6 points per game are 6.5 more points than the 62.1 the Longhorns give up.
- Iowa State is 1-5 overall and 2-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 62.1 points.
- Texas has an ATS record of 0-2 and a 2-0 record overall when its opponents score more than 68.6 points.
- The Longhorns have out-scored their opponents by a total of 123 points this season (13.7 points per game on average), and opponents of the Cyclones have out-scored them by 24 more points on the year (3.4 per game).
Texas Betting Information
- Against the spread, Texas has been strong this season, posting a 5-4 record.
- The Longhorns fare well when favored by at least 12.5 points, posting a 2-1 record against the spread.
- The Longhorns have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 4 of 9 games (44.4%).
Iowa State Betting Information
- Iowa State has a losing record against the spread, going 2-5 ATS (covering just 28.6% of the time).
- When they are at least 12.5-point underdogs, the Cyclones have not fared well, going 0-2 against the spread.
- The Cyclones and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their matchups this season — 2 of 7 (28.6%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/15/2020||Iowa State||-1||137||-117||-107||Regular Season||81-52 IAST|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||72-68 UT|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||86-69 UT|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-60 IAST|
- The leader in points and assists for the Longhorns is Matt Coleman III, who scores 13.8 points and dishes out 4.7 assists per game.
- Greg Brown III leads the Longhorns in rebounding, grabbing 7.2 rebounds per game while also scoring 11.7 points a contest.
- Courtney Ramey provides the most three-point shooting production for the Longhorns. He makes 2.0 threes per game.
- Coleman and Brown lead the Longhorns on the defensive end, with Coleman leading the team in steals averaging 1.4 per game and Brown in blocks averaging 1.3 per contest.
Iowa State Leaders
- Rasir Bolton is at the top of nearly all of the Cyclones’ leaderboards by collecting 15.4 points, 5.6 rebounds and 5.6 assists per game.
- Jalen Coleman-Lands is the top shooter from deep for the Cyclones, hitting 2.7 threes per game.
- Bolton (2.1 steals per game) and Solomon Young (1.0 block per game) lead the Cyclones in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Posts not found