The No. 14 Texas Longhorns (13-6) host the No. 17 Kansas Jayhawks (17-7) as 2.5-point favorites after Courtney Ramey put up 28 points in the Longhorns 84-82 loss to West Virginia. The matchup airs on ESPN at 9:00 PM ET on Tuesday, February 23, 2021. The matchup has a point total of 139.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Pick Em||Over (139.5)||Texas 72 Kansas 70|
- In 14 of 19 outings (73.7%) this year, the Longhorns and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 139.5 points.
- In 15 of 24 opportunities (62.5%) this season, Kansas has combined with its opponents to score at least 139.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 9.9 more points per game (149.4) than this matchup’s total of 139.5 points.
- The Longhorns and the Jayhawks have seen their opponents average a combined 5.0 fewer points per game than the point total of 139.5 set for this outing.
- The Longhorns average point total in matchups this season is 144.2, 4.7 points higher than the over/under in this game.
- Jayhawks games this season have averaged an over/under of 139.7 points, 0.2 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Longhorns score 75.7 points per game, 9.7 more points than the 66 the Jayhawks give up.
- Texas has a 7-0 record against the spread and a 13-5 record overall when scoring more than 66 points.
- Kansas has recorded a 1-4 record against the spread and a 0-5 record overall when allowing more than 75.7 points.
- The Jayhawks put up 5.2 more points per game (73.7) than the Longhorns give up to opponents (68.5).
- Kansas has gone 9-4 overall and 8-0 against the spread in games it scores more than 68.5 points.
- Texas has an ATS record of 0-8 and a 3-5 record overall when its opponents score more than 73.7 points.
- The Longhorns have out-scored their opponents by a total of 137 points this season (7.2 points per game on average), and the Jayhawks have put up 184 more points than their opponents on the year (7.7 per game).
Texas Betting Information
- The Longhorns have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 7-12 record.
- The Longhorns have struggled to cover, going just 3-8 ATS when favored by at least 2.5 points.
- The Longhorns have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 7 times in 19 games this season.
Kansas Betting Information
- Kansas has covered the spread in greater than half of its games, going 12-11 ATS.
- When they are at least 2.5-point underdogs, the Jayhawks have a record ATS of 8-7.
- Kansas has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 47.8% of matchups this year (11 out of 23 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/2/2021||Kansas||-4.5||138||-203||+167||Regular Season||84-59 UT|
|2/3/2020||Kansas||-14.5||132.5||-1638||+860||Regular Season||69-58 KANSAS|
|1/18/2020||Kansas||-6.5||128.5||-307||+233||Regular Season||66-57 KANSAS|
|1/29/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||73-63 UT|
|1/14/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-78 KANSAS|
- The Longhorns scoring leader is Andrew Jones, who averages 15.6 per contest to go with 4.7 rebounds and 2.1 assists.
- Texas’ leading rebounder is Greg Brown III averaging 7.6 boards per game and its best passer is Matt Coleman III and his 4.2 assists per game.
- Ramey hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Longhorns, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.1 per game.
- Coleman is the Longhorns leader in steals, averaging 1.2 steals per game, while Brown leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
- Ochai Agbaji puts up 13.7 points per game and is the top scorer for the Jayhawks.
- The Kansas leaders in rebounding and assists are Jalen Wilson with 8.0 rebounds per game (he also adds 12.7 points and 2.1 assists per game) and Marcus Garrett with 3.7 assists per game (he also tacks on 10.3 points and 4.4 rebounds per game).
- Agbaji’s 2.5 made threes per game lead the Jayhawks.
- Garrett (1.6 steals per game) and David McCormack (1.0 block per game) lead the Jayhawks in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED