The No. 24 Oklahoma Sooners (9-4) are 4.5-point underdogs as they try to extend a three-game win streak when they visit the No. 5 Texas Longhorns (11-2) on Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at Frank Erwin Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN2. The point total for the matchup is set at 143.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Texas (-4.5)||Under (143)||Texas 74 Oklahoma 69|
- The Longhorns and their opponents have totaled at least 143 points — this matchup’s point total — in seven of 13 opportunities (53.8%) this season.
- Oklahoma and its opponents have combined to score at least 143 points in 53.8% of their games this season (seven of 13 opportunities).
- The Longhorns and the Sooners combine to average 10.7 more points per game than the total of 143 set for this game.
- The Longhorns and the Sooners have seen their opponents average a combined 10.9 fewer points per game than the over/under of 143 set for this game.
- The average point total for Longhorns games this season is 1.6 less points than the total of 143 in this matchup.
- Sooners games this year have averaged a total of 144.4 points, 1.4 more than the point total in this matchup.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The 76.2 points per game the Longhorns score are 9.3 more points than the Sooners allow (66.9).
- When Texas scores more than 66.9 points, it is 10-1 overall and 5-0 against the spread.
- Oklahoma is 1-1 overall and 0-2 against the spread when giving up more than 76.2 points.
- The Sooners’ 77.5 points per game are 12.3 more points than the 65.2 the Longhorns give up.
- When it scores more than 65.2 points, Oklahoma is 7-0 against the spread and 9-2 overall.
- Texas has a 0-1 record overall and an ATS record of 0-1 in games when its opponents score more than 77.5 points.
- The Longhorns have out-scored their opponents by a total of 144 points this season (11 points per game on average), and the Sooners have put up 137 more points than their opponents on the year (10.6 per game).
Texas Betting Information
- Texas has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 6-7 record.
- The Longhorns have struggled to cover, going just 2-5 ATS when favored by at least 4.5 points.
- The Longhorns have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 5 times in 13 games this season.
Oklahoma Betting Information
- Oklahoma has a winning record against the spread, going 8-5 ATS (covering 61.5% of the time).
- The Sooners have fared well as a 4.5-point underdog, going 4-3 against the spread when they are at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- In most of Oklahoma’s games this year, the teams have not hit the over (5 out of 13 games, 38.5%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/3/2020||Oklahoma||-7||132.5||-319||+249||Regular Season||52-51 UT|
|1/8/2020||Texas||-3||135.5||-161||+132||Regular Season||72-62 OU|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||69-67 OU|
|1/19/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||75-72 UT|
- The scoring leader for the Longhorns this season is Andrew Jones, who averages 14.4 points, 4.4 rebounds, and 2.1 assists per game.
- Texas’ leading rebounder is Greg Brown III averaging 8.0 boards per game and its best passer is Matt Coleman III and his 4.1 assists per game.
- Jones connects on more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Longhorns, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a rate of 2.3 per outing.
- Coleman and Brown lead the Longhorns on the defensive end, with Coleman leading the team in steals averaging 1.3 per game and Brown in blocks averaging 1.4 per contest.
- Austin Reaves’ points (15.2 per game) and assists (5.2 per game) stat lines give him the top rebounding and assists spots on the Sooners’ leaderboards.
- Kur Kuath is at the top of the Oklahoma rebounding leaderboard with 5.1 rebounds per game. He also notches 7.9 points and tacks on 0.7 assists per game.
- Umoja Gibson is the top shooter from deep for the Sooners, hitting 2.2 threes per game.
- Elijah Harkless (2.0 steals per game) and Kuath (1.7 blocks per game) lead the Sooners in steals and blocks, respectively.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- New Mexico State Aggies vs. Tarleton State Texans: 2/26/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Southern Miss Golden Eagles: 2/26/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- South Dakota State Jackrabbits vs. UMKC Kangaroos 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Northern Iowa Panthers vs. Illinois State Redbirds: 2/26/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Southern Illinois Salukis 2/26/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends