The Texas Southern Tigers (4-6) host the Alabama A&M Bulldogs (4-1) in a matchup of SWAC teams at H&PE Arena, beginning at 8:30 PM ET on Monday, February 1, 2021. The Bulldogs are 7.5-point underdogs in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The point total for the matchup is 141.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Alabama A&M (+7.5)||Over (141)||Texas Southern 74 Alabama A&M 71|
- In seven of 10 games (70%) this season, the Tigers and their opponents have totaled at least this matchup’s over/under of 141 points.
- Alabama A&M has played in two games this year (out of five total matchups — 40% of opportunities) where they and their opponents combined to score more than 141 points.
- The Tigers and the Bulldogs combine to average 3.6 more points per game than the over/under of 141 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined four more points per game (145) than this game’s total of 141 points.
- The average total the Tigers have had set in games this season is 2.2 more points than this outing’s point total.
- The average total in Bulldogs games this year is 5.4 more points than the point total of 141 in this outing.
Texas Southern Betting Information
- Texas Southern has covered in just two of eight matchups this season.
- The Tigers have struggled to cover, going just 0-2 ATS when favored by at least 7.5 points.
- The Tigers have typically run under the total this season, reaching the over/under in 3 of 8 games (37.5%).
Alabama A&M Betting Information
- Alabama A&M has a 3-2 record against the spread, covering in 60.0% of their contests.
- When they are at least 7.5-point underdogs, the Bulldogs have not fared well, going 0-1 against the spread.
- In the majority of Alabama A&M’s games this year, the teams have combined to hit the over (3 out of 5 games, 60%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/29/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||85-58 TXS|
|2/1/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||82-73 TXS|
|3/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||66-61 TXS|
|2/4/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||84-74 TXS|
Texas Southern Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Tigers is Michael Weathers, who scores 14.9 points and dishes out 3.0 assists per game.
- Galen Alexander is Texas Southern’s best rebounder, pulling down an average of 5.5 boards in each contest while scoring 11.6 points per game.
- Alexander makes more threes per game than any other member of the Tigers, knocking down shots from beyond the arc at a clip of 1.1 per contest.
- Weathers is the Tigers leader in steals, averaging 2.6 steals per game, while John Walker III leads them in blocks with 0.9 per contest.
Alabama A&M Leaders
- Jalen Johnson scores 19.4 points per game and is the top scorer for the Bulldogs.
- The Alabama A&M leaders in rebounding and assists are EJ Williams with 7.0 rebounds per game (he also adds 7.4 points and 1.2 assists per game) and Cameron Tucker with 5.4 assists per game (he also tacks on 7.6 points and 3.0 rebounds per game).
- Garrett Hicks is the most prolific from distance for the Bulldogs, hitting 3.2 threes per game.
- Hicks (1.8 steals per game) is the steal leader for Alabama A&M while Williams (1.8 blocks per game) is the block leader.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED