The Texas Southern Tigers (3-6) are at home in SWAC play against the Alabama State Hornets (1-4) on Saturday, January 30, 2021 at 8:30 PM ET. The Tigers are double-digit favorites by 15 points in the game, the first matchup between the teams this season. The matchup has an over/under set at 133 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Texas Southern (-15)||Over (133)||Texas Southern 75 Alabama State 59|
- In 77.8% of their games this year (seven of nine chances), the Tigers and their opponents have put up more than this matchup’s point total of 133 points.
- In two of five games (40%) this season, Alabama State has combined with its opponents to score more than 133 points.
- These teams average a combined 131.8 points per game, 1.2 less points than the over/under of 133 set for this game.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 7.1 more points per game (140.1) than this matchup’s total of 133 points.
- The Tigers average point total in outings this year is 142.1, 9.1 points higher than the total in this game.
- Hornets games this year have averaged a total of 129.8 points, 3.2 less than the point total in this matchup.
Texas Southern Betting Information
- Texas Southern has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 2-5 record.
- Texas Southern and its opponents have converted the over just 2 times in 7 (28.6%) games this season.
Alabama State Betting Information
- The Hornets have a losing record against the spread, going 2-3 ATS (covering only 40% of the time).
- Alabama State has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 20% of matchups this season (1 out of 5 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/2/2020||Texas Southern||-8.5||142.5||-421||+318||Regular Season||78-73 TXS|
|2/3/2020||Texas Southern||-5||141||-227||+179||Regular Season||79-55 ALASU|
|3/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||78-68 TXS|
|2/2/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||83-59 TXS|
Texas Southern Leaders
- Michael Weathers leads the Tigers in points and assists per game, scoring 14.6 points and distributing 2.8 assists.
- John Walker III leads Texas Southern in rebounding, grabbing 5.5 rebounds per game while also scoring 13.0 points a contest.
- Galen Alexander paces his teammates on the Tigers with 1.2 made threes per game.
- Weathers and Walker lead the Tigers on the defensive end, with Weathers leading the team in steals averaging 2.6 per game and Walker in blocks averaging 0.9 per contest.
Alabama State Leaders
- Kenny Strawbridge averages 11.9 points and 8.9 rebounds per game for the Hornets, enough to make him the leading scorer and rebounder on the squad.
- DJ Heath dishes out 2.1 assists per game, the most assists on the Hornets.
- Kevion Stewart is the top shooter from the three-point line for the Hornets, hitting 1.4 threes per game.
- Alabama State’s leader in steals is Heath (1.7 per game), and its leader in blocks is Jordan O’Neal (2.0 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED