The No. 3 seed Texas Southern Tigers (13-8) are 9-point favorites in the SWAC Tournament quarterfinals over the No. 6 seed Alcorn State Braves (6-12) on Thursday at Bartow Arena. The matchup starts at 3:00 PM ET and airs on ESPN3, with both teams hoping to move one step closer to an automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament bracket.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Pick Em||Under (145)||Texas Southern 76 Alcorn State 67|
- In 61.9% of their games this season (13 of 21 chances), the Tigers and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 145 points.
- Alcorn State and its opponents have combined to score at least 145 points in eight of 18 opportunities (44.4%) this year.
- The two teams average a combined 4.3 fewer points per game (140.7) than this matchup’s total of 145 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 0.7 more points per game (145.7) than this game’s over/under of 145 points.
- The average total the Tigers have had set in games this season is 0.8 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average over/under in Braves games this year is 2.8 fewer points than the point total of 145 in this outing.
Scoring Betting Tips
- The Tigers score just 1.5 fewer points per game (74) than the Braves allow (75.5).
- When Texas Southern scores more than 75.5 points, it is 9-0 overall and 3-0-2 against the spread.
- Alcorn State is 4-6-1 against the spread and 0-11 overall when giving up more than 74 points.
- The Braves’ 66.7 points per game are just 3.5 fewer points than the 70.2 the Tigers give up.
- Alcorn State is 4-0 against the spread and 2-4 overall when it scores more than 70.2 points.
- Texas Southern has a 7-7 record overall and an ATS record of 3-9-1 in games when its opponents score more than 66.7 points.
- The Tigers have put up a total of 78 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 3.8 per game), while the Braves have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 158 total points, -8.8 per game).
Texas Southern Betting Information
- Texas Southern has struggled against the spread, going 7-10-2 on the year.
- The Tigers have struggled to cover, going just 2-4-1 ATS when favored by at least 9 points.
- The Tigers have failed to combine with their opponents to reach the over/under just 9 times in 19 games this season.
Alcorn State Betting Information
- Alcorn State has a winning record against the spread, going 9-8-1 ATS (covering 50% of the time).
- When they play as at least 9-point underdogs, the Braves have a record ATS of 1-1.
- Alcorn State has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 50% of matchups this season (9 out of 18 contests).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/4/2021||Texas Southern||-12||145.5||-910||+575||Regular Season||80-78 TXS|
|3/7/2020||Texas Southern||-1||153.5||-116||-107||Regular Season||90-75 ALCST|
|1/6/2020||Texas Southern||-10.5||146.5||-625||+447||Regular Season||95-80 ALCST|
|3/7/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||99-72 TXS|
|1/5/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||87-70 TXS|
Texas Southern Leaders
- The Tigers leader in points and assists is Michael Weathers, who puts up 16.2 points per game along with 3.4 assists.
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas leads Texas Southern in rebounding, grabbing 6.5 boards per game while also scoring 10.3 points a contest.
- Galen Alexander leads his teammates on the Tigers with 1.1 made threes per contest.
- The Texas Southern steals leader is Weathers, who averages 2.4 takeaways per game, while its blocks leader is Nicholas, who compiles 1.1 rejections per contest.
Alcorn State Leaders
- Troymain Crosby sits at the top of the Braves scoring leaderboard with 18.8 points per game. He also pulls down 5.1 rebounds and racks up 0.6 assists per game.
- The Braves’ leader in rebounds is Tyree Corbett with 5.3 per matchup, and their leader in assists is Kurk Lee with 4.1 per game.
- David Pierce III is the most prolific from deep for the Braves, hitting 1.9 threes per game.
- Alcorn State’s leader in steals is Oddyst Walker (1.6 per game), and its leader in blocks is Anthony Fairley (0.8 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED