The Texas Southern Tigers (2-6) will look to break a three-game winning streak when they visit the Arkansas-Pine Bluff Golden Lions (3-9) on Saturday, January 23, 2021 at H. O. Clemmons Arena as big, 10-point favorites. The contest airs at 6:00 PM ET. The point total in the matchup is 144.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|UAPB (+10)||Over (144.5)||Texas Southern 76 UAPB 69|
- The Tigers and their opponents have totaled at least 144.5 points — this matchup’s over/under — in five of eight games (62.5%) this season.
- UAPB and its opponents have added up to score more than 144.5 points in 41.7% of their matchups this season (five of 12 opportunities).
- These two teams average a combined 133.2 points per game, 11.3 less points than the total of 144.5 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of these teams have averaged a combined 157.9 points per game, 13.4 more than the over/under in this game.
- The average total the Tigers have had set in games this year is 144.5, the same as this outing’s point total.
- Golden Lions games this season have averaged an over/under of 146.6 points, 2.1 more than the point total in this matchup.
Texas Southern Betting Information
- The Tigers have struggled a bit against the spread this season, posting a 2-4 record.
- Texas Southern and its opponents have hit the over/under in just 2 of 6 games this season (33.3%).
UAPB Betting Information
- The Golden Lions have a 6-5 record against the spread, covering in 54.5% of their outings.
- When they are at least 10-point underdogs, the Golden Lions have a record ATS of 1-0.
- UAPB has combined with its opponents to hit the over in 63.6% of matchups this season (7 out of 11 chances).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/24/2020||Texas Southern||-7||130||-326||+251||Regular Season||74-72 ARPB|
|1/27/2020||Texas Southern||-15||135.5||-2100||+930||Regular Season||68-57 TXS|
|2/23/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-74 TXS|
|1/26/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||90-86 ARPB|
Texas Southern Leaders
- The Tigers leader in points and assists is Michael Weathers, who scores 14.8 points per game along with 2.8 assists.
- John Walker III is the Tigers best rebounder, grabbing an average of 5.7 boards in each contest while scoring 13.8 points per game.
- Galen Alexander hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Tigers, knocking down shots from downtown at a clip of 1.3 per contest.
- Weathers and Walker lead Texas Southern on the defensive end, with Weathers leading the team in steals averaging 2.5 per game and Walker in blocks averaging 0.9 per contest.
- Shaun Doss sits on top of the Golden Lions leaderboards for scoring and rebounding with 17.9 points and 6.2 rebounds per game.
- UAPB’s assist leader is Joshuwan Johnson with 3.4 per game. He also scores 10.1 points per game and tacks on 2.4 rebounds per game.
- Doss is the most prolific from deep for the Golden Lions, hitting 1.5 threes per game.
- UAPB’s leader in steals is Johnson (1.2 per game), and its leader in blocks is Markedric Bell (1.3 per game).
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Auburn Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs: 3/6/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Indiana State Sycamores 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Boston University Terriers: 3/6/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Utah Utes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils 3/6/2021 Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Weber State Wildcats vs. Northern Colorado Bears: 3/6/2021 Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends