The Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (0-9) are big, 23.5-point underdogs as they try to turn around a nine-game losing streak when they host the Texas Southern Tigers (3-6) on Monday, January 25, 2021 at Robert W. Harrison Complex. The matchup airs at 8:30 PM ET. The over/under in the matchup is 143.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mississippi Valley State (+23.5)||Over (143)||Texas Southern 81 Mississippi Valley State 63|
- In 66.7% of their opportunities this year (six of nine chances), the Tigers and their opponents have combined to score more than this matchup’s point total of 143 points.
- Mississippi Valley State has combined with its opponents to score at least 143 points in six of nine opportunities (66.7%) this year.
- These teams average a combined 126.1 points per game, 16.9 less points than the total of 143 set for this matchup.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 28.3 more points per game (171.3) than this matchup’s over/under of 143 points.
- The average point total in Tigers games this year is 0.9 less points than the total of 143 in this matchup.
- The average over/under for Delta Devils games this season is 12.2 more points than the point total of 143 in this outing.
Texas Southern Betting Information
- Texas Southern has covered in just two of seven matchups this season.
- Texas Southern has more often than not combined with its adversaries to fall short of the total, doing so 2 times in 7 contests (28.6%).
Mississippi Valley State Betting Information
- Mississippi Valley State has failed to cover the spread in more than half of its contests, going 2-7 ATS.
- The Delta Devils and their opponents have hit the over in less than half of their games this season — 3 of 9 (33.3%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-92 TXS|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-67 TXS|
|2/25/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-80 TXS|
|1/28/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-62 TXS|
Texas Southern Leaders
- Michael Weathers leads the Tigers in points and assists per game, scoring 14.6 points and distributing 2.8 assists.
- John Walker III leads the Tigers in rebounding, pulling down 5.5 rebounds per game while also scoring 13.0 points a contest.
- Galen Alexander leads his teammates on the Tigers with 1.2 made threes per outing.
- Weathers and Walker lead Texas Southern on the defensive end, with Weathers leading the team in steals averaging 2.6 per game and Walker in blocks averaging 0.9 per contest.
Mississippi Valley State Leaders
- Kam’Ron Cunningham sits at the top of the Delta Devils scoring leaderboard with 12.9 points per game. He also grabs 3.7 rebounds and dishes out 1.1 assists per game.
- Alexander Perry has a stat line of 4.0 rebounds, 4.5 points and 1.6 assists per game for Mississippi Valley State to take the top rebound spot on the team. Caleb Hunter has the top spot for assists with 2.5 per game, adding 11.2 points and 3.4 rebounds per contest.
- Devin Gordon hits more threes per game than any of his teammates on the Delta Devils, knocking down shots from downtown at a rate of 2.6 per game.
- The Delta Devils’ leader in steals is Terry Collins with 1.5 per game, and Cunningham is their leader in blocks with 0.6 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED