A game after he put up 20 points in a 77-75 loss to Prairie View A&M, Michael Weathers leads the Texas Southern Tigers (6-7) at home against the Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils (1-13) as 27.5-point favorites. The matchup starts at 8:30 PM ET on Tuesday, February 23, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 146.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|Mississippi Valley State (+27.5)||Under (146)||Texas Southern 85 Mississippi Valley State 60|
- In nine of 13 outings (69.2%) this year, the Tigers and their opponents have combined for this matchup’s over/under of 146 points.
- Mississippi Valley State has combined with its opponents to score more than 146 points in eight of 14 outings (57.1%) this season.
- These two teams average a combined 130.3 points per game, 15.7 fewer points than the total of 146 set for this matchup.
- The Tigers and the Delta Devils have seen their opponents average a combined 20.6 more points per game than the point total of 146 set for this matchup.
- The average total the Tigers have had set in matchups this year is 1.1 fewer points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Delta Devils this season is six points higher than this game’s over/under.
Texas Southern Betting Information
- Texas Southern has not performed well against the spread this season, posting a 2-8-1 record.
- More often than not, Texas Southern and its foes have united to hit the over, cashing in on 6 of 11 chances this season.
Mississippi Valley State Betting Information
- The Delta Devils have a 4-10 record against the spread, covering in only 28.6% of their contests.
- In the majority of Delta Devils games this season, the teams have not hit the over (6 out of 14 games, 42.9%).
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/22/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||94-92 TXS|
|1/25/2020||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||80-67 TXS|
|2/25/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||92-80 TXS|
|1/28/2019||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||Regular Season||65-62 TXS|
Texas Southern Leaders
- The leader in points and assists for the Tigers is Weathers, who scores 14.5 points and distributes 3.4 assists per game.
- Joirdon Karl Nicholas leads the Tigers in rebounding, grabbing 6.0 rebounds per game while also scoring 8.5 points a contest.
- Galen Alexander contributes the most three-point shooting production for the Tigers. He makes 1.3 threes per game.
- Weathers is Texas Southern’s leader in steals, averaging 2.5 steals per game, while John Walker III leads them in blocks with 1.1 per contest.
Mississippi Valley State Leaders
- Kam’Ron Cunningham is the top scorer for the Delta Devils with 13.6 points per game. He also adds 3.5 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game to his stats.
- The Mississippi Valley State leaders in rebounding and assists are Terry Collins with 4.3 rebounds per game (he also adds 12.0 points and 2.4 assists per game) and Caleb Hunter with 3.0 assists per game (he also tacks on 12.0 points and 3.3 rebounds per game).
- Cunningham contributes the bulk of the Delta Devils’ three-point shooting production. He makes 2.7 threes per game to lead the squad.
- Mississippi Valley State’s leader in steals is Collins with 1.2 per game, and its leader in blocks is Leandre Howard with 0.7 per game.
More Recent NCAA Basketball News
- Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys 3/13/2021 Big 12 Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Ohio Bobcats: 3/13/2021 MAC Championship Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- North Texas Mean Green vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers: 3/13/2021 C-USA Championship Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Colgate Raiders vs. Loyola (MD) Greyhounds 3/14/2021 Patriot Championship Betting Preview: Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Trends
- Virginia Cavaliers vs. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 3/12/2021 ACC Tournament Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview – CANCELLED